voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 ~~ Perceptions of Beauty ~~ 
Researcher

Unread post ~~ Perceptions of Beauty ~~
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

قَالَ ﷺ (مَنْ نَسِىَ الصَّلاَةَ عَلىَّ فَقَدْ أَخْطَأَ طَرِيقَ الجَنَّةِ) ء

Said he, may Allah bless him and grant him peace: "Whoever forgets the prayer [blessing] on me has missed the Path of the Garden."

Reciting Salawat and Salaam (Durood-o-Salaam, Blessings and Peace) upon
Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم

إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ وَمَلاَئِكَـتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِيِّ يٰأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ صَلُّواْ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُواْ تَسْلِيماً

Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed! Ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] salutations of peace.
[Qu'ran 33:56]

قَالَ رَسُولُ اَلَلّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: إِنَّ أَوْلَى النَّاسِ بِيْ يوم القيامة أَكْثَرُهُمْ عَلَىَّ صَلَاةً
The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم said: "The person most deserving of me on the day of resurrection is the one who asks for prayers upon me the most."

Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud also narrates that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "On the Day of Qiyamah, the closest to me from among the people will be those who have read the most amount of Durood Shareef." [Al-Tirmidhi]

"The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "May he be humiliated, the man in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send Salah (Prayers) upon me; may he be humiliated, the man who sees the month of Ramadan come and go, and he is not forgiven; may he be humiliated, the man whose parents live to old age and they do not cause him to be granted admittance to Paradise." [Al-Tirmidhi]

It was reported by Razin ibn Mu'awiyah in his book Jami al-Usool that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "A supplication remains suspended between heaven and earth and does not ascend any further until a person sends Salah on me. Do not treat me like a spare water container, send Salah upon me at the beginning of your supplication, at the end, and in the middle."

«مَولَاىَ صَلِّ وسَلِّمْ دَائِمَاً أَبَدَاً عَلَىَ حَبِيبِكَ خَيرُ الخَلْقِ كُلّهِمِ»

MAWLAYA SALLI WA SALLIM DA'IMAN 'ABADAN 'ALAA HABIBIKA KHAYR IL-KHALQI KULLIHIMI.

“O my Patron, send prayer and peace constant and eternal, upon Your Beloved, the Best of the Entire Creation.”

“Each perception of beauty is a prayer upon the Prophet. (صلى الله عليه وسلم)” -- Dr. Timothy Winters (Shaykh Abd al-Hakim Murad), Contentions

The King of the worlds; Sayyiduna Muhammad al-Mustafa صلى الله عليه وسلم is the Most Beloved of Allah Most High. Undoubtedly He is the reason and essence of the Universe. Allah Most High created the Light of His Most Beloved صلى الله عليه وسلم directly from His Own Divine Light. And the rest of the 'Alameen were created through the Light of our Most Beloved صلى الله عليه وسلم - Nur-e-Muhammadi صلى الله عليه وسلم. This is the orthodox position on the matter, agreed upon by all true scholars of Islam, and none doubts it except the most unfortunate. See for confirmation: Light of the Prophet (Sall-Allahu 'alayHi waSallam).

Allah Most High bestows upon our Beloved Sayyiduna Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم all of the Divine favors, and he in return distributes them. When Allah Most High filled the lap of his most generous Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم with all of His Favors, He directed His people towards his door and advised him:

Therefor the beggar drive not away,
Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse.
[Qur'an 93:9-10]

Meaning: O' My Beloved Mustafa (صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Whoever comes to you, and whatever he asks for, dont refuse him, answer his question, fulfill his needs and do not return him empty handed!

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari رضي الله عنه - Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Name yourselves after me (by my name) but do not call (yourselves) by my Kuniya, for I am Al-Qasim (The Distributor), and I distribute among you Allah's blessings." This narration has also come on the authority of Anas رضي الله عنه that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said so. [Sahih al-Bukari 73:216]

In short, the only way to achieve Allah Most High's blessings is to establish a link with the Beloved of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم. The best and most successful way to establish a strong link with Allah's Most Beloved صلى الله عليه وسلم is to ask Allah to shower prayers (Salawat) abundantly and excessively upon him.

The Beloved of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم has taught us that Durood Shareef is the panacea of all ills and that if any one comes across a calamity he should recite the maximum number of Durood Shareef and Allah Most Merciful has promised that: "if anyone recites Durood only once, He showers ten blessings on the reciter immediately."

In various books of Hadith like Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Sunan Abu Dawood, Al-Muwatta, Al-Sunan al-Sughra, Sunan ibn Majah, Darmi, Sunan al-Bayhaqi and Miskhaat Shareef, certain benefits of reciting Durood are mentioned. Below is a list of some mainly from Sahih al-Bukhari:

• For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
  • Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood.
  • The first man who will meet Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his lifetime.
  • Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم in the next world.
  • If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
  • Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
  • If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then that person will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
  • Reciting excessive Durood Shareef brings purity.
  • Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
  • Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
  • When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah Ta'ala and Durood Shareef on Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم is first of all recited.
  • Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
  • Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah Ta'ala on the Doom's Day. One who kept Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم's Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his lifetime.
  • When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
  • Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
  • The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم on the Day of Judgement.
  • One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is heard by him there and then alone.
  • Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
  • If a Durood is written in a book by someone, the Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
  • Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
  • Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
  • Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhad) is given to one who recites one Durood.
  • All people will be presented to Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
  • Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
  • If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
  • Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
  • Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
  • Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.
  • Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
  • Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
  • If the name of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
  • Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is reported to have said: "I pray for all those who recite Durood on me."
  • If any one recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم immediately. Allah Most Merciful has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم immediately.
  • The Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
  • Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
  • Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.
  • Ablution is not complete if Durood is not recited on it.
  • Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is reported to have said to our mother, his wife, that anyone who hears the name of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of the Beloved of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم on the Day of the Judgement.
  • Sayyiduna Ali ibn Abi Tailb رضي الله عنه[/color] reports that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite "Durood" on me."
  • It is said that if a person recites 1,000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
  • The Durood Shareef that is recited by a person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood Shareef to Sayyiduna Rasul Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم and proclaim, "O Habeeb (Beloved) of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم)! The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court."

It is also said that once, Archangel Gabriel عليه السلام came to Prophet Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم and said: "Allah Almighty has given me the knowledge to count every leaf on earth, every fish in the sea, every star in the sky and every particle of sand on earth, but there's only one thing I cannot count." Prophet Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم asked "What is it?" Archangel Gabriel عليه السلام replied, "When one of your (صلى الله عليه وسلم) Ummati recites Durood or Salaam to You (صلى الله عليه وسلم), the blessings Allah Almighty showers upon him become impossible for me to count."

The foundation of Islam is built on praising, glorifying, and treating with dignity the Imam of all the Prophets صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم. Such praise, glorification, and treating with dignity is praise for the entire religion; and its removal is the end of the religion. By not giving such respect to the Prophet, all religion comes to an end. (Ibn Taymiyya in: “al-Sarim al maslul `ala shatim al-rasul” (The sword drawn against he who disrespects the Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم))

Throughout history Muslims have manifested their love for the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم by adhering to God’s command: “Send ye prayers upon him and greet him with all respect!” [Qur'an 33:57] صَلُّوْا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوْا تَسْلِيْماً

We are ordered to ask for Allah Most Merciful's prayers, peace and blessings upon Sayyidina Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم as an expression of our love for him, which is in turn an indication of our deep faith. Allah Most Merciful commanded us to do so in order to reward us by praying upon us and blessing us in return if we follow His command.

There is no specific formula for asking for prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم. Following Allah Most Merciful's command, Muslim scholars and poets over the ages have produced prayer manuals of utmost beauty and eloquence, consisting of collections from the Qur’an and hadith, and scholars' original compositions.

And more beautiful than you my eyes have never seen - وأَجْمَلُ مِنْكَ لَمْ تَرَ قَطُّ عَينِي
nor has any woman given birth to anyone more perfect than you - وأَكمَلُ مِنْكَ لَمْ تَلِد النِسَاءٌ
You were created free of all flaws - خُلِقتَ مُبَرّأً مِنْ كُلِ عَيبٍ
As if you were created as you please - فكَأنّكَ قَدْ خُلِقتَ كَمَا تَشَاءُ

[Hassan ibn Thabit رضي الله عنه - the Poet of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم]

Balaghal ‘ula bi Kamalihi - He attained exaltation by His Perfection.
بَلَغَ العُلَا بِكَمَالِهِ
Kashafadujja bi Jamalihi - Darkness is dispelled by His Beauty.
كَشَفَ الدُجَى بِجَمَالِهِ
Hasunat jami’u Khisalihi - Beauteous are all His Qualities.
حَسُنَتْ جَمِيع خِصَالِهِ
Sallu ‘alayhi wa Aalihi - Prayers be on Him and on His Family.
صَلّوُا عَلَيِهِ وآلِهِ

[Saadi Shīrāzī]

Another blessed hadith we have describing the merits of reciting salawat upon Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم is as follows:

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُوْلُ الْلَّهِ صَلَّىَ الْلَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: "مَنْ صَلَّىَ عَلَىَّ مَرَّةً وَّاحِدَةً صَلَّىَ الْلَّهُ عَلَيْهِ عَشْرَ مَرَّاتٍ وَمِنَ صَلَّىَ عَلَىَّ عَشْرَ مَرَّاتٍ صَلَّىَ الْلَّهُ عَلَيْهِ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ وَمَنْ صَلَّىَ عَلَيَّ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ كَتَبَ الْلَّهُ بَيْنَ عَيْنَيْهِ بَرَاءَةً مِنَ الْنِّفَاقِ وَبَرَاءَةً مِنَ الْنَّارِ، وَأَسْكَنَهُ الْلَّهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ مَعَ الْشُّهَدَاءِ"ء

Narrated Anas ibn Malik [رضي الله عنه]: Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم said: “Whoever asks for prayers upon me once, Allah will pray upon him 10 times, and whoever asks for prayers upon me 10 times, Allah will pray upon him 100 times, and whoever asks for prayers upon me 100 times, Allah will inscribe between his eyes freedom from hypocrisy and shield from the Fire, and Allah will house him with the martyrs on the Day of Resurrection.”
[Dalayel al-Khayraat]

In another tradition:

قَالَ رَسُوْلُ الْلَّهِ : {أَتَانِيَ آَتٍ مِنْ رَبِّيَ فَقَالَ: مَا مِنْ عَبْدٍ يُصَلِّيِ عَلَيْكَ صَلَاةً إِلَا صَلَّىَ الْلَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِهَا عَشْرَاً}
فَقَامَ إِلَيْهِ رَجُلٌ فَقَالَ: يَا رَسُوْلَ الْلَّهِ أَجْعَلُ نِصْفَ دُعَائِي لَكَ! قَالَ: {إِنَّ شِئْتَ}. قَالَ: أَلَا أَجْعَلُ ثُلُثَ دُعَائِي!. قَالَ: {إِنَّ شِئْتَ}. قَالَ: أَلَا أَجْعَلُ دُعَائِي كُلَّهُ قَالَ: {إِذَنْ يَكْفِيَكَ الْلَّهُ هَمَّ الْدُّنْيَا وَالْآَخِرَةِ} [صَحِيْحُ الْأِسْنَادِ].ء

Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم said: “I had a calling from The Lord that said: ‘Whoever asks for prayers upon you once, Allah will pray upon him ten times.’” Then a man stood up and asked him: “O Messenger of Allah, shall I make half my prayers for you?” He replied: “If you wish.”
The man asked: “Shall I make two-thirds of my prayers for you?”
He replied: “If you wish.”
The man then said: “Shall I make all my prayers for you?”
[The Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم] replied: “Then Allah will attend to all your worries about this world and the Hereafter.”
[This has an authentic (Sahih) chain]

ذُكِرَ فِىْ بَعْضِ الْاَخْبَارِ: مَكْتُوْبٌ عَلى سَاقٍ الْعَرْشِ: مَنِ اشْتَاقَ اِلَىَّ رَحْمَتُه، وَمَنْ سَاَلْنِىْ اَعْطَيْتُه، وَمَنْ تَقَرَّبَ اِلَىَّ بِالصَّلاةِ عَلى مُحَمَّدِ غَفَرْتُ لَه ذُنُوْبَه وَلَوْ كَانَتْ مِثْلَ زَبَدَ الْبَحْرِ

It is said: "On the pillar of The Throne [of Allah] is written: ‘I have mercy on whoever longs for Me, and I give whoever asks Me. Whoever seeks closeness to Me by asking for prayers upon Muhammad [صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم], I forgive his sins, even if as plenty as the foam of the sea."
[Dalayel al-Khayraat]

وَقَالَ ابْنُ عَطَاء: {لِلْدُّعَاءِ أَرْكَانٌ وَأَجْنِحَةٌ وَأَسْبَابٌ وَأَوْقَاتٌ. فَإِنْ وَافَقَ أَرْكَانَهُ قَوِيَ، وَإِنْ وَافَقَ أَجْنِحَتَهِ طَارَ فِيْ الْسَّمَاءِ، وَإِنْ وَافَقَ مَوَاقِيْتَهُ فَازَ، وَإِنْ وَافَقَ أَسْبَابَهِ نَجَحَ.فَأَرْكَانُهُ: حُضُوْرُ الْقَلْبِ وَالْرِّقَّةُ وَالِاسْتِكَانَةُ وَالْخُشُوْعُ وَتُعَلُّقُ الْقَلْبِ بِاللَّهِ وَقَطْعِهِ الْأَسْبَابُ، وَأَجْنِحَتُهُ الْصِّدْقُ، وَمَوَاقِيْتُهُ الْأَسْحَارُ، وَأَسْبَابُهُ الصَّلَاةُ عَلَىَ الْنَّبِيِّ}ء

Ibn Ataa’ said: supplications have pillars and wings and means and timings. If a supplication or prayers finds its pillars it becomes stronger. If it finds its wings it flies through he skies. If it finds its timings it wins. And if it finds its means it succeeds. Its pillars are dedication, delicacy, humility, devoutness, and clinging to The Lord. Its wings are truthfulness. Its timings are early hours of the day. And its means are asking for prayers upon the Prophet [صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم].
[Dalayel al-Khayraat]

In general, asking for prayers upon the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم is the reason of: prayers from Allah Most Merciful and His angels, and forgiveness of sins, and veneration of deeds, and elevation of ranks, and answering of prayers, and Allah Most Merciful attending to worries of this world and the Hereafter, and freedom from hypocrisy, and shield from hell, and for being among those most worthy of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم on the day of resurrection, and Allah Most Merciful housing him with the martyrs.

Formulas for Salawāt‎ upon the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace)

How to ask for prayers or blessing upon Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم is by no means limited to a set script, and whoever Allah Most Merciful gifts with eloquence so he can clarify and magnify the meaning and the purpose in fluent, expressive and meaningful words clarifying the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم's honorable status, should do so.

There are many different forms and scripts for asking for prayers upon the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم. It is Allah Most Merciful, Mighty and Sublime is He, who actually is praying. We can only ask Him to send prayers upon him, because of our inability to grasp the essence of praying upon the Mercy to all the 'Alameen صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم, and our inability to appreciate his status with [color=#00FF40Allah Most Merciful[/color].

And it is said: When The Lord ordered us to “pray upon” or “Ask blessing upon” the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم, we were not able to reach the knowledge of how to do so or its meaning, or The Lord’s actual desire of how to do this, so we referred it to Allah Most Merciful, Glorified and Mighty is He, and we said: "O Allah, You confer Your blessing upon Your Prophet, for You know what he deserves and what befits him, and what You intend by prayers or blessings upon him, صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم.

However, there are some well known, famous and recommended formulas to ask Allah to confer blessing upon the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace).

-------

The Mother of Salawāt: Salawāt‎ Ibrahimiyya - Durood-e-Ibrahimi عليه الصلاة والسلام - Blessings of Abraham

Click for Arabic Recitation and Interpretation in Urdu

Arabic Text

................●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●.................
اللَّهُـمّ صَــــــلٌ علَےَ مُحمَّــــــــدْ و علَےَ آل مُحمَّــــــــدْ كما صَــــــلٌيت علَےَ
إِبْرَاهِيمَ و علَےَ آل إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّك حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ اللهم بارك علَےَ مُحمَّــــــــدْ
و علَےَ آل مُحمَّــــــــدْ كما باركت علَےَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ و علَےَ آل إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّك حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ
................●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●..................

Transliteration

ALLAHUMMA SOLLI 'ALA MUHAMMADIW WA 'ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SOLLAITA 'ALA IBRAHIMA WA 'ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.
ALLAHUMMA BAARIK 'ALA MUHAMMADIW WA 'ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA 'ALA IBRAHIMA WA 'ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMEEDUM MAJID.

Interpretation in English

"O Allah, Confer blessing upon [our Liegelord] Muhammad and the Folk of [our Liegelord] Muhammad, as You conferred blessing upon [our Liegelord] Abraham and the Folk of [our Liegelord] Abraham. Lo! You are Praiseworthy, Glorious! O Allah, confer bounty upon [our Liegelord] Muhammad and the Folk of [our Liegelord] Muhammad, as You conferred blessing upon [our Liegelord] Abraham and the Folk of [our Liegelord] Abraham. Lo! You are Praiseworthy, Glorious!"

This is the most recommended way, as it was taught to us to pray in this manner by Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم himself. It is obligatory to recite this in our five daily Salah (Contact Prayers), so many of us would already know this by heart. It is the greatest Salawaat, with the most tremendous benefits.

It is reported that Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم was asked: "We have known how to greet you (by saying 'As-Salaamu Alayka Wa Rahmat-ul-Allahi Wa Barakatuh' or "May peace be upon you and Allah’s mercy and blessings), but how do we ask for prayers upon you?" Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم said: “Say: ‘O Allah, please send prayers upon Muhammad and his family as You sent prayers upon Ibrahim, and bless Muhammad an his family as You blessed Ibrahim, for You are Praiseworthy and Glorious.’” [Interpretation of the Meaning]

-------

"O Allah! Grant the author of the above, the poster of the above, and the readers of the above the opportunity to recite Salawāt‎ (Durood) and Salaam in abundance upon Thy Final Messenger, Thy Beloved, the Sayyid of the Prophets and Messengers and the Universe and the Two Species of Man and Djinn and Two Groups of Arabs and Non-Arabs, the Best of all Creation (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and the People of His Blessed Household, and His Companions Whom You are pleased with, whenever He is remembered by those who remember Him, and shower your Salawāt‎ and blessings on Him, His Family and His Companions whenever he is not remembered by the negligent, and grant him peace constantly in abundance.

Such Salawāt, by means of which Thou may guide us and the whole Ummah to the Straight Way taught to us by Thy Beloved (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and relieve us of all anxieties, calamities, evils, trials and tribulations and grant us His Intercession on the Day wherein men will be like moths scattered about. Destroy His enemies with an utter defeat and exalt us, who believe in Him, honor Him, support Him and follow the light sent down with Him, on that Day by forgiving us our sins, making us of the successful ones and granting us Thy Nearness and the nearness of Thy Best Creation (صلى الله عليه وسلم), His Family and Companions and the previous Prophets. Lo! Thou art Owner of Praise, Owner of Glory!"

Ameen, bi rahmatika Ya Arhamar-Rahimeen.

And I would like to request that anyone who may read this post and take up sending Durood and Salaam upon Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم dedicate it to the whole Ummah. Remember: "If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then that person will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened."

Besides... this is Ramadan. If the normal reward for sending Peace and Blessings upon Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is so much;- what would it be during this Blessed Month when all rewards are multiplied? :D

ALLAHUMA SALLI 'ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN HATTA TARDA WA SALLI 'ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIM BA'AD AR-RIDA WA SALLI 'ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN ABADAN ABADA.

“O Allah! Confer blessing upon our Liegelord Muhammad, until You are pleased, and confer blessing upon our Liegelord Muhammad after You are pleased, and confer blessing upon our Liegelord Muhammad forever and ever.”

Allah Most Merciful and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم know best. All Truth is from them, all mistakes and sins are from us and we seek Allah's forgiveness for our shortcomings.

Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadinin-Nabiyyil-Ummiyi,
wa Aalihi wa Barik wa Sallim.
Allahumma Salli ‘alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in,
Haa i’r Rahmati wa Meem i’l Mulki wa Daal i’d Dawaami
As-Sayyid i’l Kaamil i’l Fatih i’l Khaatimi
‘Adada maa fee ‘Ilmika kaainun au qad kaana
Kullamaa Zakaraka wa Zakara hu’z Zaakiroon
Wa kullamaa ghafala ‘an Zikrika wa Zikri hi’l ghaafiloon
Salaatan daaimatan bi-Diwaamika baaqiyatan bi-Baqaaika
Laa muntahaa lahaa doona ‘Ilmika
Innaka ‘alaa kulli shay’in Qadeer.

upon Your Beloved, the Best of the Entire Creation. ﷺ”

[Qasida al-Burdah]

“Share The Prophet (ﷺ) with the people. The “Da’wah” will take care of itself.” [Sidi Nader Khan]

~~PERCEPTIONS OF BEAUTY~~
- “Each perception of beauty is a prayer upon the Prophet.” [Dr. Timothy Winters (Shaykh Abd al-Hakim Murad)]

Last edited by Saad (سعد) on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 am, edited 29 times in total.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 pm
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Profile WWW
Explorer

Unread post Re: The Merits of "صلى الله عليه وسلم"
Are there different Durood Shareef ? And if so, do you have some examples?

Thank you brother. I will do this Insha'allah

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm
Researcher

As-Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakutuhu.

Jazak Allah Khayran bro :D And yes, there are many different kinds of Durood Shareef, ranging from small to big. Anything that sends Salawaat (usually translated as "Salutations", "Prayers" or "Blessings") upon the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم is a Durood, even the phrase "صلى الله عليه وسلم" itself (meaning "Salawaat be upon him and Peace").

Then there are long, meritorious, more beautiful ones.

http://madinasharif.wordpress.com/duroo ... -nos-1-10/
http://madinasharif.wordpress.com/duroo ... nos-11-20/
http://madinasharif.wordpress.com/duroo ... nos-21-30/

Take your pick. :D The Qasida Burda Shareef, in the video above, is one of my favorites.

Allah Most High knows best, and may peace and blessings be upon the Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

“Share The Prophet (ﷺ) with the people. The “Da’wah” will take care of itself.” [Sidi Nader Khan]

- “Each perception of beauty is a prayer upon the Prophet.” [Dr. Timothy Winters (Shaykh Abd al-Hakim Murad)]

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Seeker

Allah(Jalla wa Aala) says in Quran kareem

Innal llaha wa Malaa'ikatahu Yu salluna allan nabiyi.
Ya Ayyuhal lazeena aamanu sallu alaihi wasallimu tasleema.

Surely Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). O
you who believe! Send Blessings (Durood) and Salutations (Salaams) on the Prophet with worthy Salutation".(Surahal-Ahzab: 56)

Reading Durud on my beloved prophet(sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) is one of the greatest blessings on this ummah.There are countless virtues,miracles of reading durud and the miracles attributed to the lovers of Prophet(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) all through the 15 centuries.

Hazrat Abdullah ibn Ma'sud (radi Allahu anhu) also narrates that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)said: "On the Day of Qiyamah, the closest to me from among the people will be those who have read the most amount of Durood Shareef". (Tirmidhi)

Alfu salaat alfu salaam ala Habibillah Sayyidil Awwaleen wal Akhireen.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:15 am
Explorer

<It is said that if a person recites 1,000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.> :o :o

This is i think the easiest way to get a place in jannah :D

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:47 am
Researcher

AJA0095 wrote:
<It is said that if a person recites 1,000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.> :o :o

This is i think the easiest way to get a place in jannah :D

Reciting 1,000 isn't easy, but of course, what way to Jannah could be better than sending Salutations of Peace and Blessings a thousand times every day, upon the Beloved صلى الله عليه وسلم whom the Absolute Creator Himself and His Angels send blessings upon continuously? He was the support of the orphans and the refuge of the destitute. :D If you do it, remember to dedicate it to me and the rest of us now. :P In fact, dedicate it to the whole Ummat.

Allah Most High knows best, and may peace and blessings be upon the Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Seeker

This is absolutely amazing, Abu Ubaidah! Jazakallahu Khayran. :D

I will do this, Inshallah...and the video was great! Mostly I was so surprised when I watched and listened to it, because I don't know Arabic yet...but right after I became Muslim I saw this video on youtube which I always go back to and love. It reminds me of the family I took Shahadah with, and IT'S PLAYING THE SAME MESSAGE as in the video you linked. Not yet knowing Arabic, I had understood it as sounding like a "song", but here it is:

Now to work on learning to send Durood and Salaam upon Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.). :)

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 am
Researcher

skye_solo wrote:
This is absolutely amazing, Abu Ubaidah! Jazakallahu Khayran. :D

I will do this, Inshallah...and the video was great! Mostly I was so surprised when I watched and listened to it, because I don't know Arabic yet...but right after I became Muslim I saw this video on youtube which I always go back to and love. It reminds me of the family I took Shahadah with, and IT'S PLAYING THE SAME MESSAGE as in the video you linked. Not yet knowing Arabic, I had understood it as sounding like a "song", but here it is:

Now to work on learning to send Durood and Salaam upon Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.). :)

Jazak Allah Khayran sis, and I loved that vid. :P And yes, that "message" is the Qasida Burda, or 'Poem of the Mantle'. Its one of the most famous forms of Durood Shareef, and in the vid you gave it was recited by Muhammad al-Husayn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qa%E1%B9%A ... a_al-Burda

Qaṣīda al-Burda, The poem of the scarf, is a collection of Durood written by the eminent Sufi Busiri (Abū 'Abdallāh Muhammad ibn Sa'īd ul-Būsīrī) of Egypt, It is entirely in praise of the blessed Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, who cured the poet of paralysis by appearing to him in a dream and wrapping him in his mantle. Its said to heal illnesses and purify hearts, and its among my personal favorites.

The one in your vid:
Watch on youtube.com

The entire Burda you can follow here:
Watch on youtube.com

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Last edited by Saad (سعد) on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Traveler

Please can someone knowledgable reply and let me know if durood Tanjena is ok to read

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:44 am
Researcher

jays1970 wrote:
Please can someone knowledgable reply and let me know if durood Tanjena is ok to read

Why wouldn't it be?

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Traveler

some people have said it is not, i looked up ion te internet and some people say it is ok and others not because of the wording, but when i read the translation i see nothing wrong.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 am
Researcher

jays1970 wrote:
some people have said it is not, i looked up ion te internet and some people say it is ok and others not because of the wording, but when i read the translation i see nothing wrong.

I found a dispute over Durood-e-Taj... I don't find anything wrong with Durood-e-Tunajina... :?

Durood-e-Tunajjina wrote:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA SAYYIDINA WA MAULANA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI SAYYIDINA WA MAULANA MUHAMMADIN SALAATAN TUNAJJINA BIHA MIN JAMI’IL AHWAALI WAL’AFAATI WA TAQDILANA BIHA MIN JAMI’IL HAAJAATI WATU TAHIRUNA BIHA MIN JAMI’IS SAYYI AATI WATAR FA’UNA BI HAA A’LAD DARAJAATI WATU BAL LIGHUNA BIHA AQSAL GHAAYAATI MIN JAMI’IL KHAIRAATI FIL HAYAATI WABA’DAL MAMAATI INNAKA ALA KULLI SHAY IN QADEER.

“O Allah! Shower salawaat on Muhammad, our Master, and his Family such salawaat by means of which Thou may relieve us of all anxieties and calamities. Thou may satisfy all our needs. Thou may clean us of all evils and thanks for which Thou may grant us high position and high rank and status in Thy presence, and Thou may lead us to the utmost limit of our aspirations and capacity in whatever is best in this world as well as in the world Hereafter, as Thou has the full Power over everything.”

You mean that one, right? What could possibly be wrong with that? :? The one there is dispute over is Durood-e-Taj (and there's nothing wrong with that either; its a beautiful formula which describes the qualities of the Beloved Sall-Allahu 'alayHi wa Aalihi wa Sallam), I haven't ever seen anyone disputing over Durood-e-Tunajjina... can you show me where you saw the problem with it?

Allah Most High knows best, and may peace and blessings be upon the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Last edited by Saad (سعد) on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Traveler

brother , as i said in my comment i see nothng wrong the wording, someone mentioned to me it was wrong to read it.
maybe they got it mixed up with the one you mentioned as controvesial

thx for helping

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 am
Researcher

jays1970 wrote:
brother , as i said in my comment i see nothng wrong the wording, someone mentioned to me it was wrong to read it.
maybe they got it mixed up with the one you mentioned as controvesial

thx for helping

You're welcome.

Durood-e-Tunajjina couldn't be anything wrong, because the holy Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم himself is said to have taught it:

Imam ibn-Faikihan wrote:
The great scholar, saint, jurist and author, Imam ibn-Faikihani says that there was once a pious man called Sheikh Moosa Zareer. He embarked on a voyage by ship. Due to a heavy storm, the ship started sinking. All the passengers on board started crying and clamouring, but Sheikh Moosa Zareer went to sleep. He saw Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in his dream and Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم directed him and the passengers to recite Durood-e-Tunajjina 1 000 times. Sheikh Moosa Zareer got up and started the recitation. As soon as he finished 300 Durood, the storm subsided and the ship was saved. The other ship on the high seas sank, but this ship reached its destination safely and soundly. This miracle was a sufficient eye-opener for the members of the ship. It was by the Grace of Allah and Durood-e-Tunajjina that all were saved.

To recite this Durood Shareef 70 times during days of calamity, turmoil and trouble, is said to be a must. It works wonders.

Allah Most High knows best, and may peace and blessings be upon the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Sister's Group Moderator & Official WUP Welcome Wagon Greeter

Unread post Raihan - Selawat Nabi (Arabic)

Uploaded by omarque7781 on Mar 8, 2010
Quote:
Salawat Nabi in Arabic by Malaysian nasyeed group, Raihan

Please join the Sisters group here > http://www.wup-forum.com/ucp.php?i=167

Do PM me if you have any queries regarding the lounge

Ask yourselves. Does God want us all divided, or united?
After that you can pat yourselves in the back or shoot yourselves in the foot.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:19 pm
Researcher

Unread post Re: Salat 'alan-Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم - Merits & Importanc
Aoudhubillahi min as-shaytani ar-rajeem.
Bism Allahi Ar-Rahmani Ar-Raheem.

Jazak Allah Khayr for your input, sis Qleophathyr.

I've added some more information to the main post, so I'm bumping this. In time I also intend insha Allah to add some good examples of Salawat (I added Durood-e-Ibrahimi عليه الصلاة والسلام).

Allah Most Merciful and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم know best. All Truth is from them, all mistakes and sins are from us and we seek Allah's forgiveness for our shortcomings.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Researcher

Unread post Re: Salat 'alan-Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم - Merits & Importanc
Aodhubillahi min-shaytani r-rajeem.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Al-Ĥamdu Lillāhi Rabbi Al-`Ālamīn.
Allahumma Salli wa Sallim wa Barik ‘ala an-Nur al-Mubin ‘Abdika wa Habibika Sayyidina Muhammad al-Amin wa ‘ala alihi wa sahbihi wa haqiqna bihubbihi wa akrimna biqurbihi wa-j’alna min rufaqa’ihi ya Rabbal-‘alamin. Allahumma Salli wa Sallim Da'iman Abadan, 'ala Habibika Khairil-Khalqi Kullihimi.

"Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds!
O Allah! Confer blessing, and peace, and bounty upon the Light Manifest, Your Servant and Your Beloved, our Liegelord Muhammad the Trustworthy, and upon his Family and his Companions, and make us true in his love, honor us with nearness to him, and make us of his entourage, O Lord of the worlds! O Allah, confer blessing and peace continuous and everlasting, upon Your Beloved the Best of the Entire Creation!"

Sending blessings upon the Prophet
(Soll-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)

- By Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Abdul Aziz Al-Sudais (may Allah have mercy on him) -
- Imam of Masjid al-Haram -

First Sermon:

Quote:
Servants of Allah, a great treasure among the treasures of good and a wide door among the doors of charitable opportunities, long remained oblivious to it those serious, and were complacent in it the avaricious stale ones. Maybe rather a lot of the thrifty and even the preemptive came to the point of defaulting in it, until they came before the wrong-doers themselves by committing sins and evil deeds, and then each side held to what the other should have. Enmity appeared between them, hatred, names-calling and acts-calling, as some of the righteous and pious might come to the point of neglecting some of what the wrong-doers and defaulters do away from the people of obedience and acts of worship in this matter, and they did not know for certain it came from him.

Some of the people of default and hindrance even dared to renounce the righteous with estrangement and hard-heartedness. That was only for the reason of forgetfulness of the two sides of a good part of the message that was sent to them, so they were estranged with enmity and hatred between each other. If only each one of them returned to the immutable authentic, applied it and forsook everything other than it, then the two sides would have converged in this matter; their war of words put off and smoke crawled out of their fire. That act of worship, O servants of Allah, is sending blessings upon the prophet; how many are the virtues therein, and how the early predecessors did look after it! How impressive it is! How many were the authentic and true news in its regard! How impressive it is! How many did cast a slur in it on the selected Prophet! We are not in need to slander; it is enough for us what was authenticated from the best of creation.

It has been authenticated from him in the narration out of news; that which is worthy to stimulate every one with a live heart to rush in this matter, in order to receive in the sight of Allah the best of rewards, and Allah disposes of the best of rewards.

If you want Allah to send ten prayers upon you, then recite one prayer upon the Prophet. It has been authenticated from him as saying:
((Whoever recites one prayer upon me, Allah sends ten prayers upon him)) [Narrated by Muslim]. If you want Allah and his angels to send seventy prayers upon you, then recite prayers upon the Prophet. According to Abdullah ibn Omar ibn Al-‘Aas, may Allah be pleased with both of them: ((Whoever sent prayers upon the messenger of Allah, Allah and His angels sent seventy prayers, let him say so, or frequently)) [Narrated by Ahmad]. If you want the angels to send prayers upon you, then keep sending prayers upon the Prophet.

It has been authenticated from him:
((He who recites a prayer upon me the angels keep invoking prayers upon him as long as he keeps praying upon me, so let a servant of Allah makes as much of that or as little)). If you want ten good deeds to be recorded for you, and ten evil deeds to be wiped out for you, and be raised ten degrees, and that Allah sends ten prayers upon you, then recite prayers upon the prophet It was authenticated from him: (('whoever recited one single prayer upon me, Allah will send ten prayers upon him, and unburden him of ten evil deeds, and will raise for him ten degrees)) [Narrated by Ahmad and An-Nisa’i]. In another narration: ((Allah recorded for him, by it, ten good deeds, erased for him ten bad deeds, raised for him ten degrees and returned to him something similar to it)).

If you want your worries addressed and your sins be forgiven, then send prayers upon the Prophet.

It has been authenticated from Ubeiy that he said to the Prophet:
(('I recite a lot of prayers upon you, so how much of my prayers should I make for you?' He said: as you like. He said: I said the quarter. He said: as you like. If you add more, it is better. He said: I said the third. He said: as you like. If you add more, it is better. He said: I said the half. He said: as you like. If you add more, it is better. He said: I said the two-thirds. He said: as you like. If you add more, it is better. He said: I said half. He said: as you like. If you add more, it is better. He said: I said I dedicate my whole prayer to you. He said: if it addresses your worries and your sins are forgiven.)) [Narrated by Al-Tirmidhi and Al-‘Haakim].

Sending prayers upon the Prophet is a reason to gain his intercession on the Day of Resurrection. It has been authenticated from him, peace and blessings be upon him:
((Whoever sends prayers [blessings] upon me ten times when he wakes up and ten times in the evening, my intercession reaches him on the Day of Resurrection)).

And it was authenticated from him: ((When you hear the muezzin, repeat what he says, then invoke blessings upon me, for everyone who invokes a blessing upon me will receive ten blessings from Allah; then beg from Allah Al-Wasila for me, which is a rank in Paradise fitting for only one of Allah's servants, and I hope that I may be that one. If anyone who asks that I be given the Wasila, he will be assured of my intercession.)) [Narrated by Muslim]. And sending blessings on the Prophet is a reason to display the name of the one praying on the Prophet. It has been authenticated from the Prophet that he said: ((Invoke more of your prayers upon me, for Allah had allocated an angel for me by my grave; if a person from my nation invokes prayers upon me, the angel said: O Mohammed, the son of so and so has sent a blessing upon you at that time)).

And it has been authenticated from, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him :
((Allah the Almighty has an angel to whom He gave a hearing of people; so that no one invokes blessings upon me but he conveys it to me, and I asked Allah that no one sends prayers upon me but Allah sends upon him ten prayers like it)) and it has been authenticated: ((Allah the Almighty disposes of angels roaming the land; they convey to me peace from my nation)) [Narrated by Ahmad, Al-Nisa’i and others].

And invoking prayers upon the prophet is a means of purification from the twitter of councils. It has been authenticated from him, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him:
((people who meet and then disperse without any mention of Allah and prayer on the Prophet, they disperse but from a fetid carrion)), and it has been authenticated from him, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him: ((No people gather in an assembly, in which they do not remember Allah the Exalted, nor recite prayers upon their Prophet, without being afflicted with remorse. – the remorse is a lack of liability, frustration and grief– If Allah Wills, He punishes them, and if He Wills, he forgives them.)) and in a narration: ((no people who take seats wherein they do not remember Allah and invoke prayers upon the Prophet, but had to grieve on the day of Resurrection, even if they enter Paradise out of reward)).

That, O servants of Allah, was part of that which has been mentioned on the virtue of invoking prayers upon him, then is there any that will receive admonition, and that is the credit, so race to such bounty from Allah, and Allah is sufficient as All knower.

May Allah benefit me and you of the guidance of His Book. I say that which came to pass and I ask forgiveness from Allah for me and you and all the Muslims from every sin, so seek His forgiveness He is Oft-Forgiving, Oft- Merciful.

Allahumma Solli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin Habibi-r-Rahman 'adada ma yakun wa ma qadkan. Allahumma Solli wa Sallim wa Barik 'alan-Nuril-Mubin, 'Abdika wa Habibika Sayyidina Muhammadinil-Amin, wa 'ala Aaalihi wa Soh-bihi, wa haqiqna bihubbihi, wa akrimna biqurbihi, wa ja'alna min rufaqa'ihi, Ya Rabbal-'Alamin.
Wa Salaamun 'alal-Mursalin, wal-Hamduli-Llahi Rabbi-l-'Alamin.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Last edited by Saad (سعد) on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Researcher

Unread post Re: The Path of the Garden
The Salawat Formulas of the Companions, Allah be pleased with Them

In addition to the Mother of all Salawat, the Blessed Companions (Allah be pleased with Them All) of the Holy Prophet, Allah pray upon Him and grant Him peace ﷺ, composed a number of beautiful formulas of reciting prayers upon the Noble Prophet ﷺ, as a token of their deep, incomparable love for Him.

I was graced with the opportunity by Allah to happen to collect these, Alhamdulillah. Below are they, for whoever wishes to benefit:

اِنَّ اللهَ وَمَلاَئِكَتَه يُصَلُّوْنَ عَلَى النَّبِىِّ ياَيُّهَا الَّذِيْنَ امَنُوْا صَلُّوْا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوْا تَسْلِيْمًا

Allah and His Angels send prayers upon the Prophet ﷺ: O ye that believe! Send ye prayers upon Him, and salute Him with all respect.
[Qur'an 33:40]

Durood-e-Ali - Prayers Attributed to Sayyidina Ali, karamAllahu wajhu

لَبَّيْكَ اَللّهُمَّ رَبِّىْ وَسَعْدَيْكَ صَلَوَاتُ اللهِ الْبَرِّ الرَّحِيْمِ وَالْمَلاَئِكَةِ الْمُقَرَّبِيْنَ وَالنَّبِيِّيْنَ وَالصِّدِّيْقِيْنَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِيْنَ وَمَا سَبَّحَ لَكَ مِنْ شَىْءٍ يَّا رَبَّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ عَلى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللهِ خَاتَمِ النَّبِيِّيْنَ وَسَيِّدِ الْمُرْسَلِيْنَ وَاِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِيْنَ وَرَسُوْلِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ الشَّاهِدِ الْبَشِيْرِ الدَّاعِىْ اِلَيْكَ بِاِذْنِكَ السِّرَاجِ الْمُنِيْرِ وَعَلَيْهِ السَّلاَم

Transliteration: Labaik Allahumma Rabbi wa Sa'daika Solawaatullahil-Barrir-Raheemi wal-Mala'ikatil-Muqarrabeena wan-Nabiyyeena was-Sideeqeena was-Shuhada'i was-Soaliheena wama Sab-ha laka Min Shay'iyy-ya Rabbal-'Alameena 'ala Sayyidina Muhammad dibni `Abdillahi Khatimin-Nabiyyeena wa Sayyidil-Mursaleena wa Imamil-Muttaqeena wa Rasooli Rabbil-'Alameen. Ash-Shahidil-Basheerid-Da'ee Ilaika biIdhnikas-Siraajil-Muneeri wa 'Alayhis-Salaam.

Intepretation of the Meaning: I am at Your service and command O Allah, my Lord. The prayers of Allah, the Benign, the Merciful, and those of the Angels Brought Near, and of the Prophets and the Testifiers to the Truth, and the Martyrs and the Righteous, and of everything that glorifies You, O Lord of the worlds - be upon our Liegelord Muhammad bin Abdullah ﷺ, the Last of the Prophets and the Liegelord of the Apostles, and the Imam of the Pious, and the Messenger of the Lord of the worlds. The Witness, the Herald of Glad Tidings, the One Who Summoned Unto You by Your permission, and the Lamp Radiating Light, and peace be upon Him.

There are many, many Duroods attributed to Sayyidina Ali (may Allah ennoble His Countenance). One of them is the above.

Durood-e-Ibn Masud - Prayers Attributed to Sayyidina Abdullah ibn Masud, radhiAllahu Anhu

للّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ صَلَوَاتِكَ وَبَرَكَاتِكَ وَرَحْمَتَكَ عَلى سَيِّدِ الْمُرْسَلِيْنَ وَاِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِيْنَ وَخَاتَمِ النَّبِيِّيْنَ سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ عَبْدِكَ وَرَسُوْلِكَ اِمَامَ الْخَيْرِ وَقَائِدِ الْخَيْرِ وَرَسُوْلِ الرَّحْمَةِ

Transliteration: Allahummaj-Ja'al Solawaatika wa Barakatika wa Rahmatika 'ala Sayyidil-Mursaleena wa 'Imamil-Muttaqeena wa Khatimin-Nabiyeena Sayyidina Muhammadin, 'Abdika wa Rasulika, 'Imamal-Khayri wa Qa'idil-Khayri wa Rasulir-Rahmah.

Intepretation of the Meaning: O Allah! Let Your prayers and blessings and mercies be upon the Liegelord of the Apostles and the Imam of the Pious and the Seal of the Prophets, our Liegelord Muhammad, Your Servant and Your Messenger, the Imam of the Best and the Leader of the Best, and the Messenger of Mercy.

Sayyidina Ibn Masud (radhiAllahu anhu) would recite this in addition to Durood-e-Ibrahimi.

Durood-e-Ibn Abbas - Prayers Attributed to Sayyidina Abdullah ibn Abbas, radhiAllahu Anhu

اَللّهُمَّ تَقَبَّلْ شَفَاعَةَ مُحَمَّدٍ الْكُبْرى
وَارْفَعْ دَرَجَتَهُ الْعُلْيَا
وَاتِه سُؤلَه فِى الْاخِرَةِ وَالْاُوْلى
كَمَا اتَيْتَ اِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَمُوْسىُ

Transliteration: Allahumma Taqabbal Shafa'ta Muhammadil-Kubra, wa Arfa' Darajatahul-'Ulyaa, wa Aatihi Su'lahu Fil-Akhirati wal-'Ūlá, kama Ataita 'Ibrāhīma Wa Mūsá.

Intepretation of the Meaning: O Allah! Accept the Great Intercession of (our Liegelord) Muhammad ﷺ, and Elevate His ﷺ Exalted Rank, and grant Him ﷺ all His Supplications in the Hereafter and in the First Life, inasmuch You granted (the Supplications of) Abraham and Moses.

Sayyidina Ibn Abbas (radhiAllahu anhu) would also supplicate this in addition to Durood-e-Ibrahimi. The Qur'an is filled with the Supplications of Sayyidina Ibrahim ('Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam) and Sayyidina Musa ('Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam) all of which were accepted to the extent that their acceptance can be viewed even today, in the present life. For example:

And remember Abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (the Ka'aba, With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing. [Qur'an 2:127]

Allah and His Messenger ﷺ know best.

Allahumma Solli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, Kullama Zakarahuz-Zakiruna wa Kullama Ghafala 'An Zikrihil-Ghafilun. Allahumma Solli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadinin-Nabiyyil-Ummiyi wa Aalihi wa Sallim Tasleema.

"O Allah! Confer prayer upon our Liegelord Muhammad ﷺ, every time the men of remembrance remember Him, and every time the heedless remain heedless of His Remembrance. O Allah! Confer prayer upon our Liegelord Muhammad ﷺ, the Ummi Prophet, and His Folk, and salute Them in peace with all respect!"

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Researcher

Unread post Re: The Path of the Garden (Sha'aban 1433 Update)
~ Love Across the Centuries~

Aodhubillahi min as-shaytanir-rajeem.
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim.

اِنَّ اللهَ وَمَلاَئِكَتَه يُصَلُّوْنَ عَلَى النَّبِىِّ ياَيُّهَا الَّذِيْنَ امَنُوْا صَلُّوْا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوْا تَسْلِيْمًا

Allah and His Angels send prayers upon the Prophet ﷺ: O ye that believe! Send ye prayers upon Him, and salute Him with all respect.

[Qur'an 33:56]

Labaik Allahumma Rabbi wa Sa'daika Solawaatullahil-Barrir-Raheemi wal-Mala'ikatil-Muqarrabeena wan-Nabiyyeena was-Sideeqeena was-Shuhada'i was-Soaliheena wama Sab-ha laka Min Shay'iyy-ya Rabbal-'Alameena 'ala Sayyidina Muhammad dibni `Abdillahi Khatimin-Nabiyyeena wa Sayyidil-Mursaleena wa Imamil-Muttaqeena wa Rasooli Rabbil-'Alameen. Ash-Shahidil-Basheerid-Da'ee Ilaika biIdhnikas-Siraajil-Muneeri wa 'Alayhis-Salaam.

At Your Service and Command, O Allah, my Lord! Prayers of Allah, the Benign, the Merciful, and the Angels Brought Near, and of the Prophets (who teach), the Sincere (lovers of Truth), the Witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good), and of everything that celebrates Your Glory, O Lord of the worlds;- be upon our Liegelord Muhammad, the son of Abdullah, (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), the Seal of the Prophets, the Liegelord of the Apostles, the Imam of the Pious, and the Messenger of the Lord of the worlds. The Witness, the Bringer of Glad Tidings, the Summoner unto You by Your permission;- the Lamp That Giveth Light; and upon Him be Peace!

This is the Blessed Month of Sha'aban, which is between Rajab; the Month of Allah, and Ramadan; the Month of this Ummah. This is the Month of the Best of All Creation, our Liegelord Muhammad (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam).

Other than fasting, it is recommended to send abundant blessings and peace upon the Beloved of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) during Sha'aban especially. It was in this month that Allah revealed:

( إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ وَمَلاَئِكَـتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِيِّ يٰأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ صَلُّواْ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُواْ تَسْلِيماً )

Allah and His angels send their blessings upon the Prophet. O you who believe send blessings and peace upon him in abundance! ﷺ
[Qur'an 33:56]

Perhaps this is why the Prophet (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) called Sha`ban “my month,” when He said in the hadith: “Rajab is the month of Allah, Sha`bān is my month, and Ramadan is the month of my Ummah.”

Sending blessings upon Him is one of the greatest means of strengthening our connection to Him in this life and also the next, as He informed us (may Allah bless Him and grant Him peace): “The closest people to me on the Day of Rising will be those who send the most blessings upon me.” [Tirmidhi]

There is no specific formula for asking for prayers and peace and blessings upon Prophet Muhammad (Sall-Allahu ‘alaiHi wa Sallam). Following Allah's command, Muslim scholars over the ages have produced prayer manuals of utmost beauty and eloquence. None has been more appreciated and widespread than Imam al-Jazuli’s masterwork Dalaail u'l Khayraat, from 15th century Morocco. May Allah have mercy upon Him.

To recapitulate, Dalaail u'l Khayraat is a selected compilation of salawaat from among the salawaat that existed in the time of Imam al-Jazuli Rahmatullahi 'alaih (passed away in 870 A.H/1465 C.E). That being the case, everyone is naturally curious to find out which of the salawaat had been composed upto his time. Since he has not provided references of who composed the salawaat, which are the ones he composed himself, where they originated from, or how they are named, one has to reference other kutub (books) to find that out for oneself: books such as

• Afdhal u's Salawaat (The Best of Blessings) of Imam Yusuf an-Nab'haani
  • Abwaab al Faraj (Doors of Freedom From Sorrow)
  • Shawaariq u'l Anwaar (Brilliant Burst of Sunshine) of Imam As-Sayyid Muhammad bin 'Alawi al-Maliki al-Hasani
  • Durud Shareef (Noble Blessings) of Khwaja Nithaar Ahmad (in Urdu)
  • Majmu'ah Wazaaif (Collected Regular Voluntary Invocations) of Qaari Ridhaa u'l Mustafa A'zami (in Urdu).

Dalaail u'l Khayraat has thus rejuvenated Muslim scholarship through centuries. For a link to the complete online Dalaail, alongside several other honorable works of Salawaat, please visit: http://salawat.net/dalayel.html

Besides the salawaat taught by the Blessed Prophet Sall-Allahu 'alaiHi wa Sallam, he has obviously included in Dalaail u'l Khayraat the salawaat composed by luminaries such as the founder of the Shafi'i fiqh and Islamic jurisprudence, Imam as-Shafi'i RahmatUllahi 'Alaih (passed away in 204 A.H), Shaykh Abi'l Hasan al-Karkhi, RahmatUllahi 'Alaih (the companion of Shaykh Ma'ruf al-Karkhi, Rahmatullahi 'Alaih, passed away in 200 A.H/815 C.E), and Gauth u'l A'zam Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani Rady Allahu 'Anhu (470-561 A.H, 1077-1166 C.E). We are also pleasantly surprised to find that such familiar salawaat as "Munjiya" (or "Tunjinna"), "Anwaar", "Kauthar", "Sa'adah" and "Uli'l 'Azm" were already famous in the time of Imam al-Jazuli RahmatUllahi 'Alaih.

Below are the ones mentioned, for the blessed occasion of Sha'ban (and the upcoming Ramadan, when rewards are multiplied!). Please benefit from these beautiful Invocations; each of which was already widespread and famous among the Ummah over 500 years ago as they are today - the Mu'mineen and the lovers of the Beloved (Sall-Allahu 'AlayHi wa Sallam) have been keeping their tongues moist with the remembrance of Allah and His Messenger (Sall-Allahu 'AlayHi wa Sallam) using, and benefiting from, these blessed formulas for well over five centuries!.

Durood-e-Shafi'i (RahmatUllahi 'Alayh) - Prayers of Imam as-Shafi'i (may Allah have mercy upon Him)

Imam Ghazali (450-505 A.H, 1058-1111 C.E), may Allah have mercy upon Him, reports in Ihya 'Ulum id-Deen (Revival of Religious Knowledge, Vol I, Book 2, Chapter 2) that a man saw the Holy Prophet Sall-Allahu 'AlaiHi wa Sallam in a dream and asked him how Imam as-Shafi'i (RahmatUllah 'Alayh) had been rewarded on His behalf to which He replied that Imam Shafi'i would enter paradise without questioning for the sake of the salaat he wrote in his book, ar-Risalah (The Message). Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah!). The salaat is:

صَلَّى اللهُ عَلى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ
كُلَّمَا ذَكَرَهُ الذَّاكِرُونَ،
وَغَفَلَ عَنْ ذِكْرِهِ الْغَافِلُونَ

Wa Sall-Allahu 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in
Kullamaa zakara hu'z-zaakiroon
Wa ghafala 'an zikri hi'l ghaafiloon

And blessings of Allah be on Sayyidina Muhammad (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)
whenever He is remembered by those who remember
and whenever He is not remembered by the negligent.

Does anything make for a more total Zikr than this salaat?

It has also been narrated that Hadrat Allama Sakhavi (radi Allahu anhu) has written in his book that Abdullah bin Abdul Hakam saw Hadrat Imam Shafi’i (radi Allahu anhuma) in a dream after his death and inquired about life after death. Imam Shafi’i (radi Allahu anhu) told him that because of the continuous recitation of the above Durood Shareef, Allah Ta’ala gave him the most exalted position of the highest grade in Heaven and forgave him. In the book entitled 'Rawdatul Ah-bab', Hadrat Imam Isma'il ibn Ibrahim al-Mazni (radi Allahu anhu), one of the oldest of the disciples of Imam as-Shafi'i, has also narrated exactly the same story.

An alternative wording to this, for the same Invocation, is:

Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, Kullama Zakarahuz-Zakiroona wa Kullama Ghafala 'An Zikrihil-Ghafiloon.

O Allah, send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), whenever He is remembered by those who remember, and whenever He is not remembered by the negligent.

This Durood Shareef is of a very great significance. It brings tremendous prosperity, health, happiness and success in this and the next world.

As-Salaatu'l Gauthiyyah - Durood-e-Ghausia - Prayers of Ghaus-e-Azam, Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (radi Allahu anhu)

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ السَّابِقِ للْخَلْقِ نُورُهُ وَرَحْمَةٍ لِلْعَالَمينَ ظُهُورُهُ، عَدَدَ مَنْ مَضَى مِنْ خَلْقِكَ وَمَنْ بَقِيَ، وَمَنْ سَعِدَ مِنْهُمْ، وَمَنْ شَقِيَ، صَلَاةً تَسْتَغْرِقُ الْعَدَّ، وَتُحِيطُ بالحَدِّ، صَلَاةً لَا غَايَةَ لَهَا، وَلَا مُنْتَهَى وَلَا انْقِضَاءَ، صَلَاةً دَائِمَةً بِدَوَامِكَ، وَعَلَى آلِهِ وَصَحْبِهِ وَسَلِّمْ تَسْلِيمًا مِثْلَ ذَلِكَ

Allahumma Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in
As-Saabiqi li'lkhalqi nuruhu
Wa Rahmatullil 'aalameena dhuhuruhu
'Adada man madhaa min khalqiqa wa man baqiya
Wa man sa'ida minhum wa man shaqiya
Salaatan tastagriqu'l 'adda wa tuhitu bi'l haddi
Salaatan laa gaayata lahaa wa laa muntahaa wa lanqidha'a
Salaatan daaimatan bidawaamika
Wa 'alaa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallim tasleeman mithla dhaalik

'O Allah! Send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad; the first creation was His Light, His appearance is a Mercy to all worlds; as many times as the number of Your creations past and yet to come; among those that are blessed and those that are unfortunate; such blessings that are unlimited and unbounded, countless, endless, never finishing; such blessings as everlasting as You, and on His Family and Companions; and in the same manner complete, worthy salutations of peace as well.'

Sall-Allahu 'AlayHi wa Aalihi wa Sah-bihi wa Sallam.

This Durood Shareef was very dear and near to Hazrat Ghaus-e-Azam, Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (radi Allahu anhu) of Baghdad Shareef. He ended all his lectures, recitations and writings with this Durood. It is for this reason that it is called Durood-e-Ghausia. It is very sacred, very important, very effective and 100% success.

This salaat of the Gauth u'l A'zam is so famous that many mashaaikh (spiritual masters) choose to include it in their kutub (books) as part of the awraad and azkaar (regular voluntary invocations). Some of the kutub that contain this salaat are:

• Dalaail u'l Khairaat (Proofs of Goodness) of Imam Muhammad bin Sulayman al-Jazuli.
  • Hizb u'l A'zam (The Great Supplication) of Hadhrat Mulla 'Ali al-Qaari.
  • Majmu'ah Salawaat u'r Rasul (Compilation of Blessings On The Messenger, Sall-Allahu 'alaiHi wa Sallam) of Hadhrat Khwaja Shaykh Abdur Rahman Chohravi.
  • Afdhal u's Salawaat (The Best Blessings) of Imam Yusuf ibn Ismail an-Nab'haani.
  • Awraad u'l Qaadiriyyah (Regular Voluntary Invocations of the Qaadiriyyah), compiled by Muhammad Salim Bawwaab.
  • Durood Shareef (Noble Blessings) (in Urdu) by Khwaja Nithaar Ahmad.
  • Fazaaile Durood Shareef (The Benefits of The Noble Blessings) (in Urdu) by al-Allamah Habibu'l Bashar Khairi Rangooni.

May Allah have mercy upon them all.

In this salaat, Shaykh 'Abdul Qadir Jilani Rady Allahu 'Anhu declares His aqeeda (belief), and that of the Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Ja'amah, loud and clear that before Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala created anything else, He created Nur-e-Muhammadi, the Nur (Light) of Sayyidina Muhammad Sall-Allahu 'alaiHi wa Sallam. Sub'hanAllah!

The Friends of Allah (the Siddiqeen or Saliheen) say that if a man recites this Durood Shareef 10 times in the morning and 10 times in the evening, Allah Ta’ala, August and Majestic is He, fetches him nearer and nearer and loves him a lot. The reciter becomes a Friend of Allah himself. Apart from this, he will be safe from all the catastrophes of the world. The Mercy of Allah will start pouring upon him endlessly.

Salaat by Shaykh Abi'l Hasan al-Karkhi (RahmatUllahi 'Alayh)

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، مِلْءَ الدُّنْيَا وَمِلْءَ الْآخِرَةِ، وَبَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، مِلْءَ الدُّنْيَا وَمِلْءَ الْآخِرَةِ، وَارْحَمْ مُحَمَّداً وَآلَ مُحَمَّدٍ مِلْءَ الدُّنْيَا وَمِلْءَ الآخِرَةِ، وَاجْزِ مُحَمَّداً وَآلَ مُحَمَّدٍ مِلْءَ الدُّنْيَا وَمِلْءَ الْآخِرَةِ، وَسَلِّمْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، مِلْءَ الدُّنْيَا وَمِلْءَ الآخِرَةِ

Allahumma Salli 'alaa Muhammad-in,
Wa 'alaa aali Muhammad-in
Mil'ad-dunyaa wa mil'al aakhirah
Wa baarik 'alaa Muhammad-in
Wa'rham Muhammad-an
Wa aali Muhammad-in
Wajzi Muhammad-an
Wa aali Muhammad-in
Wa sallim 'alaa Muhammad-in

'O Allah! Send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad, and on the family of Sayyidina Muhammad that would fill this world and the next, and bestow blessings upon Sayyidina Muhammad and on the family of Sayyidina Muhammad that would fill this world and the next, and bestow mercy on Sayyidina Muhammad and on the family of Sayyidina Muhammad that would fill this world and the next, and bestow a reward on Sayyidina Muhammad and on the family of Sayyidina Muhammad that would fill this world and the next, and bestow peace on Sayyidina Muhammad and on the family of Sayyidina Muhammad that would fill this world and the next.'

Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Aalihi wa Sahbihi wa Sallam.

I don't believe that this beautiful, easy-to-memorize and recite, and tremendous formula needs any explanation. Its translation speaks for itself. Subhan Allahi wa biHamdihi, Subhan Allahil-'Adheem.

As-Salaaat u'l Munjiya - Durood-e-Tunajjeena - Prayers Which Deliver

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ، صَلَاةً تُنَجِّينَا بِهَا مِنْ جَمِيعِ الْأَهْوَالِ وَالْآفَاتِ، وَتَقْضِى لَنَا بِهَا جَمِيعَ الحَاجَاتِ وَتُطَهِّرُنَا بِهَا مِنْ جَمِيعِ السَّيِّئَاتِ، وَتَرْفَعُنَا بِهَا أَعْلَى الدَّرَجَاتِ، وَتُبَلِّغُنَا بِهَا أَقْصَى الْغَايَاتِ، مِنْ جَمِيعِ الخَيْرَاتِ فِى الحَيَاةِ، وَبَعْدَ المَمَاتِ
إِنَّكَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Salaatan Tunajjeenaa bihaa min jamee'il ahwaali wa'l aafaat
Wa taqdhee lanaa bihaa jamee'al haajaat
Wa tu-tahhirunaa bihaa min jamee'is-sayyiaat
Wa tarfa'unaa bihaa 'indaka a'lad-darajaat
Wa tuballighunaa bihaa aqsal ghaayaat
Min jamee'il khayraat fi'l hayaat wa ba'dal mamaat
innaka 'alaa kulli shay'in qadeer

'O Allah! Send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad - such prayers by means of which You may deliver us from all anxieties and calamities, You may satisfy all our needs, You may cleanse us of all evils, and You may grant us high rank and status in Your Presence, and You may lead us to the limits of our aspirations and capacities, in whatever is good in life as well as after death; for You are, upon everything, Powerful.'

The great Scholar, Saint, Jurist and author, Imam ibn-Faikihani (radi Allahu anhu) says that there was once a pious man called Sheikh Musa Zareer (radi Allahu anhu). He embarked on a voyage by ship. Due to a heavy storm, the ship started sinking. All the passengers on board started crying and clamouring, but Sheikh Musa Zareer (radi Allahu anhu) went to sleep. He saw the Holy Prophet (Sall-Allaahu 'AlaiHi waSallam) in his dream and the Prophet (Sall-Allaahu 'AlaiHi waSallam) directed him and the passengers to recite Durood-e-Tunajjina 1,000 times. Sheikh Musa Zareer (radi Allahu anhu) got up and started the recitation.

As soon as he finished 300 Durood Shareefs, the storm subsided and the ship was saved. The other ship on the high seas sank, but this ship reached its destination safely and soundly. This miracle was a sufficient eye-opener for the members of the ship. It was by the Grace of Allah, August and Majestic is He, the Munificence of the His Noble Messenger (Sall-Allahu 'AlayHi wa Sallam), and Durood-e-Tunajjina that all were saved.

To recite this Durood Shareef 70 times during days of calamity, turmoil and trouble, is a must. It works wonders.

Salaatu'l Anwaar - Durood-e-Nur - Prayers of Lights

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ نُورِ الْأَنْوَارِ وَسِرِّ الْأَسْرَارِ وَسَيِّدِ الْأَبْرَارِ، وَزَيْنِ الُمرْسَلِينَ الْأَخْيَارِ وَأَكْرَمِ مَنْ أَظْلَمَ عَلَيْهِ اللَّيْلُ وَأَشْرَقَ عَلَيْهِ النَّهَارُ، وَعَدَدَ مَا نَزَلَ مِنْ أَوَّلِ الدُّنْيَا إِلَى آخِرِهَا مِنْ قَطْرِ الْأَمْطَارِ وَعَدَدَ مَا نَبَتَ مِنْ أَوَّلِ الدُّنْيَا إِلَى آخِرِهَا مِنَ النَّبَاتِ وَالْأَشْجَارِ، صَلَاةً دَائِمَةً بِدَوَامِ مُلْكِ اللَّـهِ الْوَاحِدِ الْقَهَّارِ

Nuri'l Anwaar wa Sirri'l Asraar wa Sayyidi'l Abraar
Wa Zayni'l Mursaleena'l Akhyaar
Wa Akrami man azlama 'alayhi'llaylu wa ashraqa 'alayhinnahaar
Wa 'adada maa nazala min awwali'ddunya ilaa aakhirihaa
Min qatri'l amtaar
Wa 'adada maa nabata min awwaliddunya ilaa aakhirihaa
Minan nabaati wa'l ashjaar
Salaatan daaimatan bidawaami Mulkillahi'l Waadhidi'l Qahhaar.

'O Allah! Bestow blessings on Sayyidina Muhammad, Who Is the Light of Lights, the Secret of Secrets, and the Liegelord of the Benign; the Beauty of all the Chosen Messengers; Who Is Superior to all those whom the night envelopes with darkness, and for whom the day brings brightness; as many times as the drops of rain that fall from the beginning of the earth to its end; and as many times as the number of plants and trees that grow from the beginning of the earth to its end; such blessings as may continue for ever, Eternal as the Kingdom of Allah, The One and Only, The Subduer.'

Another Durood with limitless favours and blessings. This is one of the the best Salawat in this world, and mostly Awliya Allah (Friends of Allah, Saints; i.e. Siddiqeen or Saliheen) and pious religious leaders recite it daily without fail. If any one wants to become a Friend of Allah, he should recite this Darood Sharif.

A divine light lights up in the heart of the reciter. And when one becomes habitual of reciting this Darood Sharif, then divine mysteries are unfolded to the reciter. It is not possible for one to describe the rank of a person to whom divine mysteries are unfolded. This Darood-e-Noor has oceans of divine light in each of its letters.

For those who find reciting long formulas difficult they may recite the shorter version, and if Allah wills they will still get the benefits, but reciting it completely brings complete and tremendous benefit. The shorter version is: 'Allahumma Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in, Nuri'l Anwaari wa Sirri'l Asraari wa Sayyidi'l Abraar'. It is recommended to recite this shorter version, at least one hundred times on Friday. If one is unable to do that, then recite either the shorter or the longer version however times one finds easy; but regularly. Islam is the religion of ease.

Salaat u'l Kawthar - Durood-e-Kawsar - Prayers of Abundance

اَللّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ فِى الْاَوَّلِيْنَ وَصَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ فِى الْاخِرِيْنَ وَصَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ فِى النَّبِيِّيْنَ وَصَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ فِى الْمُرْسَلِيْنَ وَصَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ فِى الْمَلَاِ الْاعْلى اِلى يَوْمِ الدِّيْنَ

Allahumma Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in fi'l Awwaleen
Wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in fi'l Aakhireen
Wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in fi'n-Nabiyyeen
Wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in fi'l-Mursaleen
Wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-in fi'l Mala'il A'laa ilaa yaumiddeen

'O Allah! Send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad among the ancients, and send prayers on Sayyidina Muhammad among those of later times, and send prayers on Sayyidina Muhammad among the Prophets, and send prayers on Sayyidina Muhammad among the Messengers, and send prayers on Sayyidina Muhammad among the Exalted Assembly, till the Day of Recompense.'

This is a beautiful formula, which easy to memorize and short to recite; and which brings forth satisfaction and reassurance to the heart.

Whosoever recites this Durood Sharif abundantly, on the Day of Judgement, he will not suffer from agonizing thirst. Furthermore, the Noble Scholars have written that whosoever wishes to be protected from grief and anguish on the Day of Judgment, should make the recitation of Salaat u'l Kawthar a daily practice.

Hadrat Hasan Al-Basri (may Allah have mercy upon Him), has taught us that: "Whosoever wishes to attain nearness (qurb) to Allah (August and Majestic is He), should recite this Durood Sharif abundantly."

Salaat u's Sa'adah - Durood-e-Sa'adat - Prayers of Prosperity

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ عَدَدَ مَا فِى عِلْمِ اللَّـهِ صَلَاةً دَائِمَةً بِدَوَامِ مُلْكِ اللَّـهِ

'Adada maa fee 'Ilmillah
Salaatan daaimatam bidawaami Mulkillah

'O Allah! Send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad in the number which is in Your Knowledge - such prayers as may continue for ever, eternal as Your Kingdom.'

This is a beautiful formula is short, yet its among the most tremendous of Salawaat invocations.

Hazrat Sayyid Ali bin Yusuf Madani (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), Sheikh-ud-Dala'il, narrated from Imam Jalaluddin as-Suyuti (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), the author of Tafsir al-Jalalayn, that he who recites this Durood Shareef once gets the Sawaab of 600 000 Durood Shareefs. He who recites this Durood Shareef everyday 1000 times, will be prosperous in both worlds, this world and the Aakirah. This is why its called Salaat u's Sa'adah, "Prayers of Prosperity".

One should recite this as many times one can to achieve benefit.

Salaatu Uli'l 'Azm - Durood-e-Nabi - Prayers upon the Messengers of Strong Will and Perseverance

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ وَآدَمَ وَنُوحٍ وَإِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمُوسَى وَعِيسَى وَمَا بَيْنَهُمْ مِنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالْـمُرْسَلِينَ، صَلَوَاتُ اللهِ وَسَلَامُهُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَجْمَعِينَ

Allahumma Salli 'alaa
Sayyidina Muhammad-in wa Adam-a wa Nuh-in wa Ibrahim-a wa Musa wa 'Isa
Wa maa baynahum min an-Nabiyyeena wa'l Mursaleena
Salawaatullahi wa Saalamuhu 'alayHim ajma'een

'O Allah! Send prayers upon Sayyidina Muhammad, (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), Nabi Adam (Adam), Nabi Nuh (Noah), Nabi Ibrahim (Abraham), Nabi Musa (Moses) and Nabi 'Isa (Jesus) and all the other Prophets and Messengers who came in-between. Allah's prayers and His peaceful salutations be upon Them All.'

This prayer formula is called Salaatu Uli'l 'Azm, or 'Prayers upon those of Strong Will and Perseverance', because in it are mentioned the Blessed Names of the Uli'l 'Azm. These Five Most Tremendous Messengers and Prophets sent by Allah, peace and prayers of Allah, August and Majestic is He, be upon Them, are the Greatest Persons in all human history till the end of time. In the Holy Qur'an, they are referred to as Ulul 'Azm mina’r-Rusul, Messengers of Strong Will and Perseverance. [33:7] [46:35]

• These are Sayyiduna Muhammad, Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam; Ahmad (the Most Praised), the Messenger of Allah, the Ummi Prophet, the Beloved of Allah, the Light of Allah, the Seal of the Prophets, the Mercy for the worlds, the Best of All Creation, the Liegelord of the Apostles, the Imam of the Pious, the Healer of Hearts and their Medicine, the Relief of Bodies and their Cure, the Light of the Eyes and their Brightness, the Intercessor of sinners, the Liegelord of all the children of Adam ('AlayHis-Salaam), the Prophet of Mercy, the Prophet of Repentance, and the Guide of the Nation, the First One to be resurrected and to enter Paradise, and One Who is supported by Angels Gabriel and Michael ('AlayHimus-Salaam), Whose Coming had been foretold in the Tawrat and the Injil, the Chosen One, the Elected One, the Selected One, the Father of Qasim, the One Taken on the Night Journey, the One Who Was Two Bow-Lengths or Nearer (to Allah), the Truthful, the Trustworthy, the Commander Who Commands Right and Forbids Wrong, the Witness, the Herald of Glad Tidings, the Warner, the Summoner Unto Allah by His Permission, the Lamp Spreading Light, the Owner of the River of al-Kawthar and the Spring of Salsabeel, the Foremost One in the Highest Fields, the Keeper of the Secrets of the Noble Throne, the Possessor of the Seven Oft-Repeated Verses and the Grand Qur'an;- Whose Praise does not end, but continues eternally by Allah's will with the Eternity of the Kingdom of Allah, the One, the Subduer.
  • Sayyiduna Isa ibn Maryam; 'Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam; the Messiah, the Servant of Allah, the Word of Allah, the Spirit of Allah, the Messenger of Allah, a Sign for the worlds, the Possessor of the Injil.
  • Sayyiduna Musa; 'Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam; the One Who Spoke to Allah, the Saved One of Allah, the Messenger of Allah, the Prophet of Allah, the Possessor of the Torah.
  • Sayyiduna Ibrahim; 'Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam; the Friend of Allah, the Chosen One of Allah, the Messenger of Allah, the Father of the Prophets.
  • Sayyiduna Nuh; 'Alayhis-Salatu was-Salaam; the First Messenger sent to humanity, the Prophet of Allah, the Grateful Servant of Allah, the Saved One of Allah.

“And lo, [mention, O Our Beloved Nur, Muhammad Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam] We took from the Prophets their covenant, and from You, and Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus son of Mary; and We took from them a momentous covenant!” [Qur'an 33:7]

'AlayHimus-Salatu was-Salaam.

This Durood is also familiar as Durood-e-Nabi, to Urdu-speakers.

One who recites this Durood regularly, attains Nearness to Allah, August and Majestic is He. Furthermore, Imam Yusuf ibn 'Ismail an-Nab'haani (may Allah have mercy upon Him) explains in Afdhal u's Salawaat that according to Imam al-Jazuli, if someone recites this salaat three times, it is equivalent in merit to reciting the whole of Dalaail u'l Khayraat. For this reason perhaps, we are recommended in Dalaail u'l Khayraat to recite this salaat three times.

May Allah, August and Majestic is He, allow us to benefit from these tremendous invocations, and make us die in the religion of His Habib (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Aalihi wa Sahbihi wa Sallam), and unite us with His Loved Ones in the Jannah of Bliss. Rabbana Taqabbal Minna, Innaka Antas-Sami'ul-'Aleem; wa tub 'alayna innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Raheem. Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadinin-Nabiyyil-Ummiyi wa Aalihi wa Barik wa Sallim, Wal-Hamdulillahi Rabbil-'Alameen; Ameen, biRahmatika ya Arhamar-Rahimeen.

And a request to all readers. If by Allah's grace you take up reciting Durood abundantly, please dedicate its reward to all Muslims of this Ummah; when the reward of Durood is dedicated to another person, that person receives the reward while the reward of the reciter is not lessened. At the end of your invocation, pray, for the whole Ummah: 'Allahumma Innaka Afuwwun Karimun, Tuhibbul-Afwa, Fa'fu Anna' 'O Allah! You are the Generous Pardoner, You love to pardon, so pardon us!'; or seek forgiveness and the end of suffering for the whole Ummah in whatever words you find easy.

Jazak Allah Khayran Kathira.

Acknowledgements:
My Mother, may Allah have mercy upon Her as She has had on me since I was little and to this day, and may He preserve her; Ameen, biRahmatika ya Arhamar-Rahimeen.
Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat
Salawaat.net
Iqra.net
Abdul Karim Yahya's blog (may Allah preserve him and his)
Noor-e-Islam

'O Allah! Send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad among the ancients, and send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad among the later ones, and send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad among the Prophets, and send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad among the Apostles, and send prayers upon our Liegelord Muhammad, among the Exalted Assembly, till the Day of Recompense. O Allah! Send prayers, peace and blessings upon our Liegelord Muhammad, whenever He is remembered by those who remember. O Allah! Send prayers, peace, and blessings upon our Liegelord Muhammad, whenever He is not remembered by the negligent. Glorified be Allah, and Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

Allahumma Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin fil-'Awwaleen, wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin fil-'Akhireen, wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin fin-Nabiyyeen, wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin fil-Mursaleen, wa Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin fi'l-Mala'il-A'laa ilaa Yaumiddeen. Allahumma Salli wa Sallim wa Barik 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammadin, kullama Zakarahuz-Zakiroon. Allahumma Salli wa Sallim wa Barik 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, Kullama Ghafala 'An Zikrihil Ghafiloon. Subhan Allahi, wal-Hamdulillahi Rabbil-'Alameen.

[Qasida al-Burdah]

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Unread post Re: ~~ Perceptions of Beauty ~~
I remember a bit of this hadith that angel Gabriel was asked by Allah to go and count all of creation (heaven, universe, stars, rain, sand, rock, fish etc..). Gabriel did and was able to count them all. Then Allah asked angel Gabriel to count the blessings of the salawat on Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings on him). And he did but returned to Allah and said that he was unable to count them all!!!

If anyone can locate this hadith that is similar to my narration, that would help a lot! :barak:

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]