voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm




Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP 
Author Message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:52 pm
Posts: 523
Location: london
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Unread post Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Asalaamolaikum, I hope all you guys are well and good and in the best of health and wealth. When this forum first started it was a joint effort of a few very old members and founders of the wake up project ( Acernahr, Noreaga, Abdullah Hashem etc..) I remember very well that one of the prime objectives they all had was to find the common ground between the major faiths and not look at the differences. The arrivals not only was an eye opener for truth seekers or conspiracy theorists but it was a platform to find common shared beliefs such as the enemy ( satan ) antichrist ( common belief between Christians and Muslims ) etc..
The forum was started and it was a huge success, we had a multicultural community with members from all different faiths, brother Acernahr left the forum to the community to carry on with the task of ignoring the differences and looking at the similarities to hopefully create a peacefull and loving community.
I am starting this thread to remind us all of those wonderfull days and am in hope that we may collectively do something to create a mutual understanding between faiths and through that respect of each other we can give dawaah.
What you say?


Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 am
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Profile
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 2002
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Wa 'Alaykum-us-Salam wa Rahmatullah,

This is a great idea bro, we often drift off and forget the big picture.

This forum was made to interact and productively spread positive energy instead of all the negative energy now created by watching television, music video's and other entertainment franchises.

The first thing before we can do any da'wah is work on ourselves, be the example you want to preach.

We did well on the idea's though, we had the wup newsletter, wup radio, so many series etc. Are there any projects someone wants to start, I would not hesitate to try and contribute on that.

_________________
Earn respect by respecting others.

Al-Qur'an Surah Aali Imraan verse 105
"Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty"


Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 2002
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
I just came up with an idea, simple series called 'The Original Message'.
Each episode leads up from Adam 'Alayhi Salam to prophet Muhammad Salallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam.
From Surah al Araf verse 11 to 25 till Surah al Maidah verse 3.

Each episode could end with a fun fact about Islam like: "Did you know that there is no such thing as fallen angels, these are made up stories. Angels don't have their own will."

_________________
Earn respect by respecting others.

Al-Qur'an Surah Aali Imraan verse 105
"Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty"


Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
WUP Media
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Jérusalem
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
If you want to talk about help in Wake Up Project all you need to do is saying : "Where is Ahmed The-Gass"

Because is always here to restart this project again, Brothers and Sisters i'm with you and i stand in the side of truth with you guys, so if you are thinking about something just say The-Gass and The-Gass will be here :)

Believe in Wake Up Project ;)

I also want to remind you that i'm still making videos and series with WUP : https://www.youtube.com/user/AhmedTheGas

_________________
Ahmed Gassama humbly presents to you his new series




It will be very easy for me to give you the kind of news that you like to hear, if i tell you that you're important that you're beloved that you're valued but i'm not gonna do that because i have got some BAD NEWS!! you see you are none of the above in fact you are cowardly gollabal sheep who are ultimately gonna follow one another to the slaughter, thank you very much!!


Thu May 01, 2014 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
WUP Media
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Jérusalem
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
The founders of this website are not here any more, even Insha don't make an appearence, what the hell is the purpose of this wup forum proving now ? nothing ! people are now coming back to an old series that came 6 years ago, it's history !! come on guys, come on guys, wake up !! but what now ? are we bored now ? we have had enough now because we have seen the Arrivals ? this is it ? you think you have woken up ? NOOOOOO !! we have fell asleep again guys, that's the truth, we have to recognize that !!

but You know ? when i was reading the whole threat i got a smile on my face and in my heart because i become happy when i see our group in the same page, united and happy, that's true we miss each others, any how may Allah bring us together again and make us love each others more and more, i love you :)

_________________
Ahmed Gassama humbly presents to you his new series




It will be very easy for me to give you the kind of news that you like to hear, if i tell you that you're important that you're beloved that you're valued but i'm not gonna do that because i have got some BAD NEWS!! you see you are none of the above in fact you are cowardly gollabal sheep who are ultimately gonna follow one another to the slaughter, thank you very much!!


Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Explorer

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
We need to revive WUP INSHALLAH !!!!


Thu May 01, 2014 9:11 pm
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Bro Ahmed, remember this?



:shifty:

Scimi


Fri May 02, 2014 10:18 am
Profile
WUP Media
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Jérusalem
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Scimitar wrote:
Bro Ahmed, remember this?



:shifty:

Scimi


WAW i'm tooo excited about it, i want to start doing that with youuuuuuuuuu :D

just tell me when :)

_________________
Ahmed Gassama humbly presents to you his new series




It will be very easy for me to give you the kind of news that you like to hear, if i tell you that you're important that you're beloved that you're valued but i'm not gonna do that because i have got some BAD NEWS!! you see you are none of the above in fact you are cowardly gollabal sheep who are ultimately gonna follow one another to the slaughter, thank you very much!!


Fri May 02, 2014 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Explorer

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 56
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Milking the same cow aint gonna work. I dunno how long wup will last, but I guess it is drawing to his last days.
We gotta understand why this is happening. The founders of this project did a tremendous job. But soon after that they realised Islam isnt on the internet.
I admit there a some informational series out there. But most of 'em are just gimmicks.


Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 pm
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Ya know, all it takes is one informative and fresh series to change things around here. Each time a new series was released by WUP, new members flocked here. Some stayed but most moved on - simply because we do not produce anything regularly. We are self funded, the films we make we do out of our own time and expense, its largely a thankless job and done from behind the veil of anonymity (hence the usernames lol)... I xdream that one day we release ourselves from the veil anonymity and foster the courage of our convictions - use our real names, applied for real funding and made some real programs.

However, this is still lofty thinking. If Allah wills, all can change in an instant.

Scimi


Sat May 03, 2014 11:17 am
Profile
WUP Media
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Jérusalem
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Scimitar wrote:
However, this is still lofty thinking. If Allah wills, all can change in an instant.

Scimi


If Allah wills and if we also the will to produce new things everything will happen in-sha'Allah

I will use my true name : Ahmed Gassama or Ahmed The-Gass ;)

_________________
Ahmed Gassama humbly presents to you his new series




It will be very easy for me to give you the kind of news that you like to hear, if i tell you that you're important that you're beloved that you're valued but i'm not gonna do that because i have got some BAD NEWS!! you see you are none of the above in fact you are cowardly gollabal sheep who are ultimately gonna follow one another to the slaughter, thank you very much!!


Sat May 03, 2014 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
I will also use your true name :D


Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 am
Profile
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 2002
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Thank you brothers for completely ignoring me... :P

_________________
Earn respect by respecting others.

Al-Qur'an Surah Aali Imraan verse 105
"Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty"


Sun May 04, 2014 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Bro Mortal, I was finding the right opportunity to spend some time on this post - thus I refrained from a hasty reply.

Mortal wrote:
Wa 'Alaykum-us-Salam wa Rahmatullah,

This is a great idea bro, we often drift off and forget the big picture.

This forum was made to interact and productively spread positive energy instead of all the negative energy now created by watching television, music video's and other entertainment franchises.

The first thing before we can do any da'wah is work on ourselves, be the example you want to preach.

We did well on the idea's though, we had the wup newsletter, wup radio, so many series etc. Are there any projects someone wants to start, I would not hesitate to try and contribute on that.


Me neither, I have been on WUP now for 3 years, wow - I didn't think I would still be here, posting, this long Subhaan Allah.

I would like to lend my limited skillset in this endeavour in sha Allah.

Mortal wrote:
I just came up with an idea, simple series called 'The Original Message'.
Each episode leads up from Adam 'Alayhi Salam to prophet Muhammad Salallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam.
From Surah al Araf verse 11 to 25 till Surah al Maidah verse 3.

Each episode could end with a fun fact about Islam like: "Did you know that there is no such thing as fallen angels, these are made up stories. Angels don't have their own will."


Or how about expanding beyond the Quranic verses to include exegetes from Ibn Kathir's Stories of the Prophets?

Many Muslims have read the Quran translation but often get lost in the "otherness" of the English text, which does not capture the essence of the story, often neglecting the delicate and subtle nuances within, which the Arab speakers take for granted, a natural enrichment of textual understanding so to speak.

I propose that an exegetes/tafsir should compliment the chapters in sha Allah.

Bro Mortal, would it be beneficial in this instance to open a skype chat in order to discuss this in real time, and get things moving in sha Allah?

IT IT TIME TO MAKE A NEW "OFFICIAL WUP PRODUCTION" ONCE AGAIN!!!

Scimi


Tue May 06, 2014 6:15 am
Profile
WUP Media
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Jérusalem
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Scimitar wrote:
IT IT TIME TO MAKE A NEW "OFFICIAL WUP PRODUCTION" ONCE AGAIN!!!



And then everybody will have no choice but to Believe in Wake Up Project !! ;)

_________________
Ahmed Gassama humbly presents to you his new series




It will be very easy for me to give you the kind of news that you like to hear, if i tell you that you're important that you're beloved that you're valued but i'm not gonna do that because i have got some BAD NEWS!! you see you are none of the above in fact you are cowardly gollabal sheep who are ultimately gonna follow one another to the slaughter, thank you very much!!


Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 2002
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
I still remember the pm you sent me bro, so this would be the opportunity to work together in shaa 'Allah.

We could have a Skype chat or whatapp group that's no problem. I would like to know though if any other brother is interested in making this series.
I agree with the above though, you can't have Qur'an without hadith.

It's a very rough idea. As of the setup, I'm used to the way surreal caravan group worked, but we can get together and set some ground rules.

So. if we can get some brothers together, we can get a skype chat group going and start this up.

_________________
Earn respect by respecting others.

Al-Qur'an Surah Aali Imraan verse 105
"Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty"


Tue May 06, 2014 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Ah yes :) Seems an idea is fruiting Alhamdulillah.

Ok, I propose that we start a thread in the brothers section, and share our information skype info there - away from other eyes so to speak.

From there, we post our time zones, etc - so we can know what time is convenient to skype each other.

We need weekly meetings for our group of WUPPIES on skype, and we MUST (and I can't stress this enough) WE MUST, complete the tasks we set for each other, so the project can complete on time in sha Allah.

We must try to include as much copy free footage as possible, and get Quranic recitations which are also copy free (some organisations will have a problem with using qiraat which is copyright)

I would also like to see a voice narrative in the series, instead of just text which makes my eyes sleepy after a while. So, if there are any budding voice actors here, who have a voice for radio (mind, you need to know from others that you have this voice - you can't just claim you think you have a good voice, that won't cut the mustard). If we cannot find a good voice actor/narrator, then I am willing to pay a professional in sha Allah, to lend his voice to this series. It's not that expensive and for the sake of producing something semi professional, I think it is warranted.

As much as I loved the Arrivals series for its fresh look on agenda from an Islamic perspective, I found that the quality of production itself, let the series down and it doesn't have what I call playback value.

In order to resolve this issue, I propose that we do not cut any corners, that the series be made in 1080p high definition, with audio synched to at least 333kbs on MP3 format, so the quality over 2 channels is still preserved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


We need to formulate a chapter list. I am guessing that the chapters will be as follows:

1 - Adam
2 - Idris
3 - Nuh
4 - Hud
5 - Saleh
6 - Ibraheem
7 - Isaac
8 - Ishmail
9 - Yakub
10 - Lut
11 - Shuaib

(May Allah be pleased with them all, Ameen)

etc etc etc

I don't think the chapters will be too long in video, Possibly under 15 minutes each in sha Allah.

I'll see what I can come up with before the weekend in terms of intro design and font selections etc.

meanwhile, if bro Mortal can open a thread in the brothers section, we can start this plan in sha Allah.

Scimi


Tue May 06, 2014 12:17 pm
Profile
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 2002
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Done ^

_________________
Earn respect by respecting others.

Al-Qur'an Surah Aali Imraan verse 105
"Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty"


Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4645
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
posted in the brothers section, will see if any thing comes from this - I really want it to in sha Allah.


Wed May 07, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile
Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 581
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Unread post Re: Picking up from where brother Acernahr left us - WUP
Scimitar wrote:
Ah yes :)

I would also like to see a voice narrative in the series, instead of just text which makes my eyes sleepy after a while. So, if there are any budding voice actors here, who have a voice for radio (mind, you need to know from others that you have this voice - you can't just claim you think you have a good voice, that won't cut the mustard). If we cannot find a good voice actor/narrator, then I am willing to pay a professional in sha Allah, to lend his voice to this series. It's not that expensive and for the sake of producing something semi professional, I think it is warranted.



Scimi


thank you for mentioning about a voice narrator....previous series would always make me tired as soon as I started watching....also if there is any paypal account for this upcoming series then members can contribute financially, I know I am willing to pay as much as I can afford inshaAllah :barak:


Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Wake Up Project Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved

phpBB SEO
Wake Up Project

Like us on FaceBook!