voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Muslims' opinions on Magic Mushrooms 
Admin/Forum Technician

Unread post Re: Muslims' opinions on Magic Mushrooms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroom

Part 9:

The Wake Up Project proudly presents it's newest documentary investigating the signs leading to the last day of judgment and resurrection that have already occurred and continue to intensify.

{People are strange when you're a stranger...}

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 am
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Profile WWW

peanutqpublic wrote:
its clear that those bumping this thread haven't read the previous posts. please do so before reiterating points which have already been brought up and refuted.

My point was;
Quote:
What's the point?

Quote:
Have we not all the spirituality we need in Islam? Does Allah recommend the use of Magic Mushrooms and other such drugs?

I don't think that anyone brought that up in the thread.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 am
Supporter

yes it has been brought up. repeatedly. please read.

Then a man asked Rasulollah (pbuhaf): "I will help him if he is oppressed. But if he is the oppressor, how can I help him!?"

Rasulollah (pbuhaf) said: "You stop him from his oppression, for in that is help for him."

Anas bin Malik (r)

Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, #623

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

peanutqpublic wrote:
yes it has been brought up. repeatedly. please read.

I've scanned the thread 3 times...

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:19 pm
Admin/Forum Technician

http://www.wup-forum.com/search.php

Part 9:

The Wake Up Project proudly presents it's newest documentary investigating the signs leading to the last day of judgment and resurrection that have already occurred and continue to intensify.

{People are strange when you're a stranger...}

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

insha wrote:

?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:43 am

insha wrote:

?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:43 am
Supporter

Unread post Re: Are Magic Mushrooms haram?
peanutqpublic wrote:
Aybar wrote:
Well if you don't want to ask the scholars, then let yourself go and do as you please, because mocking the scholars and then asking laypeople is hardly intelligent from an Islamic perspective

stop hatin Aybar. i agree that he should ask a scholar if he wants to know whether they're haraam or not, but you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar. and if the Prophet (saws) never said so much as "ugh" to someone who irritated him, we should certainly consider this when speaking to others.

and yes, i do think that whether something is haraam or halal is over most of our heads, but i don't see that as a reason why we can't rationally discuss the harm and benefits of anything on this earth using the resources at our advantage. these include, the internet, encyclopedias, personal experience, personal opinion, and attacking people for their beliefs and opinions. please try only to use the first 4 mentioned, and avoid the last one.

i dunno if anyone remembers TADs season 1, but Brother Abdullah speculated that perhaps the "Manna" eaten by Musa while lost in the desert may have been a psylocibe with psychadelic properties.

this Islamicity article suggests that the Muslims, having pioneered many early navigational equipment, could easily have made it to the Americas before they were "discovered" by Chris Columbus in 1492. anyone who has seen the ceremonial gowns in many native American tribes knows that they bear a striking resemblance to traditional Islamic clothing (loose fitting body coverings, head scarves for women, thobe-like robes for the men) and that most tribes showed utmost respect and care when slaughtering their food, and that they spent a lot of their time thanking their creator for these gifts. the natives also showed great respect for many of the other gifts from the earth, a lot of them currently illegal in mst western societies including, but not limited to, amenita, peyote, cannabis, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe baeocystis, Psilocybe caerulipes, etc.

http://www.shroomery.org/8773/Magic-Mus ... ield-Guide

http://www.magic-mushrooms.net/species.html

point is, regardless of who pointed it out, the "manna" that Musa (phuh) and the Jews ate on their way through the desert, appeared after the dew had evaporated, was sweet like honey, and only grew 6 days of the week.

Wikipedia wrote:
A number of ethnomycologists such as R. Gordon Wasson, John Marco Allegro, and Terence McKenna, have suggested that most characteristics of manna are similar to that of Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms, notorious breeding grounds for insects, which decompose rapidly. These peculiar fungi naturally produce a number of molecules that resemble human neurochemicals, and first appear as small fibres (mycelia) that resemble hoarfrost. This speculation (also paralleled in Philip K. *#&%'s posthumously published The Transmigration of Timothy Archer) is supported in a wider cultural context when compared with the praise of Haoma in the Rigveda, Mexican praise of teonanácatl, the peyote sacrament of the Native American Church, and the Holy Ayahuasca used in the ritual of the União do Vegetal and Santo Daime.

Then a man asked Rasulollah (pbuhaf): "I will help him if he is oppressed. But if he is the oppressor, how can I help him!?"

Rasulollah (pbuhaf) said: "You stop him from his oppression, for in that is help for him."

Anas bin Malik (r)

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well, does the Qur'an or reliable Hadith describe Manna this way, or the Torah/Jewish Bible (which is corrupted)?

Psilocybin decreases brain blow flow and connectivity:

http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=8405

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Now in this thread someone claimed that Magic Mushrooms increase neural connections. Actually, the study linked to only proved that Ketamine increases neural connections.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 pm
Supporter

Anas bin Malik (r)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Salaam, a magic mushroom also known as hallucinogenic mushroom is a fungus that contains a hallucinogenic substance that causes hallucination like a drug such as LCD .in my own opinion anything that temper or alter the human physical and mental state or wellbeing is dangerious and not to be consumed.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next