voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can we rely on Hadith for accurate historical accounts? 
Traveler

Unread post Re: Can we rely on Hadith for accurate historical accounts?
Your last post was very informative Syed_Z just what was needed here! All I can say is from the beginning the Scholars of Islam have used the Hadith and the science of Hadith side by side with the Quran as it is the words and actions of the Prophet (SAW). Now in these modern days you have the lay person (you and me) debating about whether their use is valid! I am speechless ( which is unusual for me my family and friends would say) about the ignorance their is amongst the muslims today. Our knowledge today seems to be out of books and when we have read the translations of the Hadiths we trhink we can explain what they mean. These kind of questions on a religious theme need a Scholar to answer the question not people that are debating and getting everyone more confused. Its one thing to debate any another subject when we are using our own opinions, but debating about something as important as Hadith and any other Religious topic is quite another thing altogether. ;)

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 am
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Retired Admin

Unread post Re: Can we rely on Hadith for accurate historical accounts?
english-rose wrote:
Your last post was very informative Syed_Z just what was needed here! All I can say is from the beginning the Scholars of Islam have used the Hadith and the science of Hadith side by side with the Quran as it is the words and actions of the Prophet (SAW). Now in these modern days you have the lay person (you and me) debating about whether their use is valid! I am speechless ( which is unusual for me my family and friends would say) about the ignorance their is amongst the muslims today. Our knowledge today seems to be out of books and when we have read the translations of the Hadiths we trhink we can explain what they mean. These kind of questions on a religious theme need a Scholar to answer the question not people that are debating and getting everyone more confused. Its one thing to debate any another subject when we are using our own opinions, but debating about something as important as Hadith and any other Religious topic is quite another thing altogether. ;)

True Said english-rose.... we should always consider Sahih (authentic) hadith to be of absolute importance and should not ignore them. Because Hadith was said by Muhmmad (saw) and Quran are words of Allah (swt) , in this age of ours many in the Ummah have started having second thoughts about hadith and worst of all is that it is basically "scholars" of Islam who started creating doubts by saying "hadith are not words of Allah"... forgetting that Muhammad (Saw) said.... "I have been given Quran and its Companion with it" ..companion is the Sunnah and Hadith.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2