voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 pm




Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What came first Islam or Judaism? 
Author Message
Traveler

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post What came first Islam or Judaism?
If it is Judaism reasons why islam was made.

Just really confused :/ they teach us in school christianity and islam originated from judaism.


Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 am
Posts: 1719
Location: BEHIND YOU !!!!!!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
haroon158 wrote:
If it is Judaism reasons why islam was made.

Just really confused :/ they teach us in school christianity and islam originated from judaism.



Easy to answer-
Islam means 'SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ALLAH AND OBIDIANCE TO HIS LAW'. Each and every prophets of Allah (swt) submitted their will to Allah(swt) and obeyed his commands..thus we can conclude that islam was present since Adam (as) step foot on this earth......

_________________
For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;

Noble Quran 8:2


"...whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion "

Noble Quran 57:2


Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile
Researcher

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 383
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
In practice, Islam. In theological distinctions, Judaism.


Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:57 pm
Profile
Explorer

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 57
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
PrivateLitz wrote:
haroon158 wrote:
If it is Judaism reasons why islam was made.

Just really confused :/ they teach us in school christianity and islam originated from judaism.



Easy to answer-
Islam means 'SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ALLAH AND OBIDIANCE TO HIS LAW'. Each and every prophets of Allah (swt) submitted their will to Allah(swt) and obeyed his commands..thus we can conclude that islam was present since Adam (as) step foot on this earth......


I THOUGHT ISLAM MEANS PATH TO PEACE. AND BEING MUSLIM IS SUBMISSION TO ALLAH(SWT)


Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:54 pm
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 am
Posts: 1719
Location: BEHIND YOU !!!!!!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
heretostay wrote:
PrivateLitz wrote:
haroon158 wrote:
If it is Judaism reasons why islam was made.

Just really confused :/ they teach us in school christianity and islam originated from judaism.



Easy to answer-
Islam means 'SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ALLAH AND OBIDIANCE TO HIS LAW'. Each and every prophets of Allah (swt) submitted their will to Allah(swt) and obeyed his commands..thus we can conclude that islam was present since Adam (as) step foot on this earth......


I THOUGHT ISLAM MEANS PATH TO PEACE. AND BEING MUSLIM IS SUBMISSION TO ALLAH(SWT)





Muslims practice the religion of Islam. The word Islam means "submission" and Muslim means "one who is in a state of submission". Islam is also derived from the root word salam which means peace. so
"peace aquired by submitting ur will to Allah and obeyibg his law" is called islam.....

_________________
For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;

Noble Quran 8:2


"...whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion "

Noble Quran 57:2


Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm
Profile
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 am
Posts: 4343
Location: Malaysia
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
إِنَّ الدّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسلٰمُ ۗ وَمَا اختَلَفَ الَّذينَ أوتُوا الكِتٰبَ إِلّا مِن بَعدِ ما جاءَهُمُ العِلمُ بَغيًا بَينَهُم ۗ وَمَن يَكفُر بِـٔايٰتِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَريعُ الحِسابِ ﴿١٩﴾

(19) The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.


Al-Islam is explicitly mentioned as the Deen of Allah in the Quran;


QUESTION: DO THE WORDS JUDAISM AND CHRISTIANITY EVER APPEAR AS THE DEEN OF GOD IN THE CORRESPONDING BOOKS???

not even a whisper.....last time I checked Judaism is more closely linked to a place - Judah/Judea, the word Christianity only appeared a few hundred years after the crucifixion....read Council of Nicaea


ISLAM WAS THE ONLY DEEN THAT HAS EVER WAS, BEEN AND EVER WILL......THE DEEN OF ALL THE PROPHETS OF ALLAH.....from Adam alaihi salam to the Final Messenger Sayyidul Mursalin Prophet Muhammad sollallahu alaihi wa alihi wasallam......


the mental conditioning is beyond belief, even this basic understanding is not taught in 'religious' schools....


Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 pm
Profile
Guest

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
i think u should watch the part 9 of the divine book videos and do ur own research if it doesn't convince u with its content.
Peace


Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:50 am
Profile
Guest

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
http://www.hezbuttawheed.com/images/sto ... _Islam.doc


Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 am
Profile
Explorer

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 57
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Islam is the last religion for all of man kind.. everyone is born Muslim tho..


Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 pm
Profile
Guest

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Islam is first and last religion.Then what is judaism? It is also islam. Every religion is and was from allah ,the only god the owner of sovereignty.First we should know the Definition of religion.Religion means to obey only Allah ,the god in all sphere of life.For this sence this present Islam is not islam at all.!!!

Learn more.pls vizit.////////

http://www.hezbuttawheed.com/component/ ... l-of-islam


Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:29 am
Profile
Traveler

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Farhana wrote:
Islam is first and last religion.Then what is judaism? It is also islam. Every religion is and was from allah ,the only god the owner of sovereignty.First we should know the Definition of religion.Religion means to obey only Allah ,the god in all sphere of life.For this sence this present Islam is not islam at all.!!!

Learn more.pls vizit.////////

http://www.hezbuttawheed.com/component/ ... l-of-islam

uhm maybe you said that wrong.. but some religions were created by the Illuminati to divide us. In my beliefs some of them are ;
Christianity
Judaism
Buddas
Thats all i know :)


Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:07 pm
Profile
Researcher

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 383
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
haroon158 wrote:
uhm maybe you said that wrong.. but some religions were created by the Illuminati to divide us. In my beliefs some of them are ;
Christianity
Judaism
Buddas
Thats all i know :)

When do you think the Illuminati was founded and started this agenda? Buddhism was founded back around 480 BCE...


Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile
Traveler

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
mm well thats a good question. I actually personally believe christianity has been 100% created by the elite.
What do christians follow?
Christ.
Jesus was a jew in christianity.
Who killed him ? Romans and bad jews.
Leaving who to spread the word of christianity..


Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile
Researcher

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 383
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
His followers.


Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:47 pm
Profile
Explorer

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 57
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
all other religions are man made... devil worshipers went to different parts of the world like India and portraited them selves as Muslims and killed many people and would make other religions like buddaism.. In the original Hindu scripture it even talked about Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)


Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile
Guest

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 19
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
heretostay wrote:
all other religions are man made... devil worshipers went to different parts of the world like India and portraited them selves as Muslims and killed many people and would make other religions like buddaism.. In the original Hindu scripture it even talked about Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)



Let's make some distinctions here.

First off, I think everyone here understands the etymology of Islam. Islam as a "religion" was started by Muhummad in the 7th Century CE. Muslims avow "There is no God but God and Muhummad is his prophet." If that's what you say when converting to Islam, doesn't that mean Islam came chronologically after the Jewish and Christian faiths?

Yes, according to the Qu'ran, all prophets from Adam submitted their will to God's and were therefore "Islamic" but the modern religion of Islam came about when Muhummad united the Arab tribes with the Qu'ran and then led the miraculous victory over the warlords of Mecca.

Judaism had been around for nearly 6000 years, but unlike Islam, most people (until the Dispersion) were linked culturally and ethnically. It is possible to be an Athiest Jew for instance, but is it possible to be an Athiest Muslim?

The term "Christian" was first recorded c. 70CE. It was originally used as an insult. The Nicean Council adopted the name Universal Christians (Or, in latin, Catholic) to try and combine the many splintered factions of a people from diverse cultural backgrounds spread around the known world. (Also, in my mind to bring them under state and economic control).

Originally Christianity was definitely NOT a religion for the Elite. In fact, Jesus condemned anyone who was wealthy.

My main point would be though that this is all Semantics. Isn't the main fact that we should all follow our conscience, even if it is inconvenient (or leads to our death?). Under what grounds is it good to verbally abuse anyone? To attack them or their belief? To hurt or kill someone? Is it ok, if I make a lot of money a year (by world standards, my salary is in the top 1% of the world... and I'm a high school teacher) and spend that money on a new car, a massive mortgage or holidays when kids die of starvation or dirty water?

Those are the kind of questions that matter, how you pigeon hole yourselves or label, or differentiate is irrelevant. Love, true, universal love is all that matters, in the face of eternity, the rest is just pointless jabber.


Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm
Profile
Traveler

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Buscadoro wrote:
heretostay wrote:

Those are the kind of questions that matter, how you pigeon hole yourselves or label, or differentiate is irrelevant. Love, true, universal love is all that matters, in the face of eternity, the rest is just pointless jabber.


Agreed!


Mon May 09, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile
Researcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:44 pm
Posts: 358
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Adam being thrown out of the paradise, and asking forgiveness to allah almighty when seeing these words on the door of the paradise 'La ilahe illallah, muhammeden rasoolallah' explains it all, that the religion of allah almighty was and is always be the one and only religion.

_________________
Do Not Give Up For Even One Day To Stand Up Against The Deception,
Do Not Give Up For Even An Hour To Fill Your Heart With Faith,
Do Not Give Up For Even A Second To Struggle Against All Evil...
Even The Whole World Turns Against You!
For Your Lord Is There With You With Every Breathe You Take!


Tue May 10, 2011 11:20 am
Profile
Explorer

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:12 am
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Muharrem wrote:
Adam being thrown out of the paradise, and asking forgiveness to allah almighty when seeing these words on the door of the paradise 'La ilahe illallah, muhammeden rasoolallah' explains it all, that the religion of allah almighty was and is always be the one and only religion.



As far as i know is that Adam was not trown out of paradise but from garden of eden. Thats because Shaytan at that time alrdy was outcasted because he did not bow to Adam. That means that Shaytan cant enter paradise and that means that Garden of Eden is not Paradise.

Someone correct me if im wrong here.

Allah Knows Best


Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm
Profile
Researcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 pm
Posts: 325
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: What came first Islam or Judaism?
Why do you guys say Islam was the first religion based on the fact that all the prophets submitted to God? Isn't "Islam" an Arabic word? If so, wasn't Arabic created after languages like Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek? If that is the case, why label them under the category of Islam?

Isn't that like my isolating the word 'submission' from the English language, using it to name a religion and then saying "no, Adam was a Submitter," thereby attaching that person to a religion because of the definition of "submission"? (or because my religion's teachings say so?) I don't mean that disrespectfully but only from a logical standpoint due to curiosity - if Islam didn't tell you Islam existed from the beginning of man, would you say the same thing? Or would you follow chronological order and simply say Judaism came first? Feel free to correct me; I was just under the impression that the word existed before the religion - hence, by my understanding, another user saying Islam in practice (i.e. according to the English translation of the word Islam (meaning submission to God) and not as far as religion goes - as in there were no 5 pillars of Islam, for example) came first.

Buscadoro wrote:
My main point would be though that this is all Semantics. Isn't the main fact that we should all follow our conscience, even if it is inconvenient (or leads to our death?). Under what grounds is it good to verbally abuse anyone? To attack them or their belief? To hurt or kill someone? Is it ok, if I make a lot of money a year (by world standards, my salary is in the top 1% of the world... and I'm a high school teacher) and spend that money on a new car, a massive mortgage or holidays when kids die of starvation or dirty water?

Those are the kind of questions that matter, how you pigeon hole yourselves or label, or differentiate is irrelevant. Love, true, universal love is all that matters, in the face of eternity, the rest is just pointless jabber.
Amen. Thank you so much for explaining this from an objective p.o.v. :)

_________________
Betrothed to Christ Image
The Gospel is a declaration of God's Promise, not a debate. | The Gospel in 4 Minutes: http://youtu.be/tIhGxEdez98
God is Holy. He hates sin and everyone's guilty under God's Law because we are all sinners. Sin must be punished, but Jesus took the punishment for us. SO, ANYONE and EVERYONE who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is forgiven for their sins and, by simply believing in Him and Him alone, is promised... guaranteed full access to return to perfect, eternal unity with God. ♥


Mon May 23, 2011 3:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Wake Up Project Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved

phpBB SEO
Wake Up Project

Like us on FaceBook!