voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:37 pm




Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Is Milk Really Healthy for us? 
Author Message
Guest

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
The healthiest form of milk consumption is unprocessed or unpasteurized, because that is when the milk is very healthy. This is important, especially these days when most cows are fed growth hormones only to produce large quantities of milk.

_________________
hepa air cleaners


Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:04 am
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Profile
Explorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 132
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
The Everyday Drink that May Contain Blood, Pus and Drugs........


http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/15/inhumane-treatment-on-dairy-cows.aspx?e_cid=20120415_SNL_Art_1


I recommend COCONUT MILK for people still wanting an alternative, esp. for tea, coffee, cereal etc... & it's highly nutritious!

& dont be put off by the 'saturated fat' content of coconut.. again, this fat in coconut is GOOD for you.. & has been subjected to the usual propaganda, which manifested around 1940's.... as part of the Cocount Conspiracy (look it up)

_________________
"The world isn't the way 'it' is... it's the way 'we' are... "


Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:39 am
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4764
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
I've never tried coconut milk in tea before...

do I still need sugar? I'd imagine the coconut milk would be pretty sweet? And yeah, I've read of its nutritious properties.

Nice alternative.

Scimi


Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 am
Profile
Explorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 132
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Only way to know if you wanna sweeten it in your tea, is by trying it yourself...

Personally, i don't eat sugar.. white refined sugar has NO nutritional value what so ever... not only this, the refining process turns cane sugar, in to a NON FOOD substance, & it actual now resembles a drug!

Not only that, refined / processed sugar is bleached with a solution of PORK BY PRODUCTS (blood, albumin and/or animal charcoal) so, not even halal, never mind healthy !

_________________
"The world isn't the way 'it' is... it's the way 'we' are... "


Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 am
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4764
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
WHOA... I did not know thaaat... thanks sis maryjane. Bleached with pork by products... I feel sick.

Gonna look this up. Can you provide a link for this info? Your help is greatly appreciated sister.

Scimi


Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:00 am
Profile
Explorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 132
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Beyond Good Health TV - Make your own almond milk...




_________________
"The world isn't the way 'it' is... it's the way 'we' are... "


Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 am
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4764
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
^ nice... gonna try this, this week. Thank you maryjane (smiles).

Scimi


Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 pm
Profile
Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:44 am
Posts: 894
Location: 10 paces behind scimi
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Ok as far as the sugar is concerned, what is used to refine sugar is bone char filters ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_char ), Not all bone char is derived from pork, in fact majority is derived from cow (still not halal), some companies don't used animal derived carbon at all you just have to look. The process is explained here: http://www.blackherbals.com/ASK-Sugar.htm

PETA says this :

Quote:
Bone char, made from the bones of cows, is at times used to whiten sugar. Some sugar companies use it in filters to decolorize their sugar. Other types of filters involve granular carbon or an ion exchange system rather than bone char. Supermarket brands of sugar (e.g., Giant, Townhouse, etc.) buy their sugar from several different refineries, so there is no way of knowing whether it is vegan at any given time.

Brown sugar is generally made by adding molasses to refined sugar, so sugar companies that use bone char in the production of their regular sugar will also use it in the production of their brown sugar. Confectioner's sugar (refined sugar mixed with cornstarch) made by such companies also involves the use of bone char. Fructose may, but does not typically involve a bone-char filter.

If you want to avoid all refined sugars, we recommend alternatives such as Sucanat and turbinado sugar. Neither of these sweeteners are ever filtered with bone char. Additionally, beet sugar--though normally refined--never involves the use of bone char.
http://www.vegfamily.com/articles/sugar.htm

More on refined sugar:


Simple sugar ( ie: table sugar, fruit juice, milk, yogurt, honey, molasses, maple syrup and brown sugar,which majority is refined) is very very bad and supresses the immune system big time. Personally I avoid simple sugars, if I want something sweet I have a fruit so the fiber is included and the sugar spike won't be harmful. I don't keep any refined sugars around the house, and when i do use simple sugars to sweeten, I use stevia extract (non alcoholic) , raw honey, raw sugar or agave nectar. Either way all sugar is bad if not measured, u have to really watch how much u ingest this includes fruits. Skinny or fat, sugar is bad for you if taken in excess, even a small amount will supress the immune system if not ingested with a balanced meal, needless to say, its no wonder why we have so much prevalent disease. http://www.videojug.com/interview/sugar-2

As far as the milk is concerned, one doesn't have to consume cow milk for everything, if u can get ur hands on raw milk for straight consumption good, if not there's alternatives like mentioned above. Coconut, rice, almond and different nuts, oat, even hemp u can make milk out of, even a combination of all of them can produce "milk". However they do not contain the nutritional value milk does (you would have to find those vitamins and mineral in proper diet), but they are good to substitute for uses like cereal, coffee, baking etc.



-Nusaybah

_________________
Scimitar Productions: http://www.youtube.com/gangstrous


Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Down Yonder I Reckon.
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
I use organic cane sugar. 2$ per pound outta the bulk section :D

Its simply raw sugar from the sugar cane, no beet, no char. just straight up sugar. yum!

Personally i think cow's milk is for baby cows.. human milk is for human babies etc.

if you can get organic raw milk then yes its the best option.
WARNING DO NOT DRINK SOY MILK! %90 of all soybeans are GENETICALLY ENGINEERED (causing cancer and gastrointestinal disease in lab rats) So just dont do it!

Coconut and almond are great, just make sure you're buying organic.

_________________
2:216 كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ ۖ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ ۖ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ


Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Researcher

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 378
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Salamu 3alaykoum Wa Rahmitullahi Wa Barakatuh

Rasool Allah(SAWS) was in the Samawat and he(SAWS) was handed to glasses. One filled with wine and another filled with milk. He(SAWS) chose the milk and drank it and Gibrael(a.s.) said you have chosen the good (Islamic Monotheism). For if you were to choose the wine, your followers would have been mislead.

Subhan Allah. This Ahadith is amazing.

Rasool Allah(SAWS) loved to drink milk. He(SAWS) always rinsed his mouth out after though, especially if it was just before time for prayer, for it has fat in it.


Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:04 pm
Profile
Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:44 am
Posts: 894
Location: 10 paces behind scimi
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Muahiddun wrote:
Salamu 3alaykoum Wa Rahmitullahi Wa Barakatuh

Rasool Allah(SAWS) was in the Samawat and he(SAWS) was handed to glasses. One filled with wine and another filled with milk. He(SAWS) chose the milk and drank it and Gibrael(a.s.) said you have chosen the good (Islamic Monotheism). For if you were to choose the wine, your followers would have been mislead.

Subhan Allah. This Ahadith is amazing.

Rasool Allah(SAWS) loved to drink milk. He(SAWS) always rinsed his mouth out after though, especially if it was just before time for prayer, for it has fat in it.



This is a great hadith, a very good reminder, Masha Allah. Thank you for sharing. :)

I'd like to point out that, our prophet didn't drink the milk we have now, he had fresh milk, not in a plastic bottle, not homogenized, not low fat or fat free. It was just MILK. No additives, no preservatives, antibiotics etc.

The milk our prophet used to drink, Raw milk or Fresh unprocessed milk straight from the cow (if you can get your hands on it) in moderate amounts is very good for people, in fact, milk was used as medicine before the giant factories took over. If milk is consumed in its natural form, it is packed full of beneficial enzymes, amino acids, good fat, calcium, vitamin D, and the list goes on.

That's what this thread is about actually. Is milk good for us? The milk we go purchase at the grocery store, not really, I'd say it does more harm than good. I'll give you an example. Lets use calcium, since that is what people think is beneficial from milk.

The calcium is a neutralizer, it is needed to neutralize the acidity of the milk, so that we can digest and benefit from the milk. After pasteurization or homogenization of milk, only half of the calcium in it remains useful. If half the calcium is not usable, then that leaves all that acidity behind (along with the rest of the acidic foods we ingest such as COFEE, SODA, RED MEAT etc) so the calcium is then pulled out of your bones (this is where our calcium is stored) used to neutralize all the acidity we have going on and whatever is left from that is expelled *** this is a deficiency in calcium that is happening here*** and we have problems like osteoporosis these days. [this is just one example] So where is the benefit? You end up with less calcium in your bones when you drink processed milk.

The milk most of us are used to from the store is heated to a point where all of these wonderful nutrients die. Not only that, but they take out the fat, add synthetic Vitamin D and the Calcium left after the process is done is narrowed down to half. Keep in mind that both vitamin D and calcium are fat soluble, so if they take out t he fat, how can your body absorb and make use of them? It can't. Unless you drink whole milk.

So........ if didn't already say this in this thread. If you are stuck with only milk from the store like most of us, drink it very minimally, in full fat, and check the labels, some companies don't homogenize (although, I don't really trust labels, meh). Pasteurized milk is a bit better than homogenized. Homogenization is basically a double cooking process to emulsify the fat in the milk, so u get ultra dead milk. :D

- Nusaybah

_________________
Scimitar Productions: http://www.youtube.com/gangstrous


Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 4764
Location: ...in the shell
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Nusaybah wrote:
Ok as far as the sugar is concerned, what is used to refine sugar is bone char filters ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_char ), Not all bone char is derived from pork, in fact majority is derived from cow (still not halal), some companies don't used animal derived carbon at all you just have to look. The process is explained here: http://www.blackherbals.com/ASK-Sugar.htm

PETA says this :

Quote:
Bone char, made from the bones of cows, is at times used to whiten sugar. Some sugar companies use it in filters to decolorize their sugar. Other types of filters involve granular carbon or an ion exchange system rather than bone char. Supermarket brands of sugar (e.g., Giant, Townhouse, etc.) buy their sugar from several different refineries, so there is no way of knowing whether it is vegan at any given time.

Brown sugar is generally made by adding molasses to refined sugar, so sugar companies that use bone char in the production of their regular sugar will also use it in the production of their brown sugar. Confectioner's sugar (refined sugar mixed with cornstarch) made by such companies also involves the use of bone char. Fructose may, but does not typically involve a bone-char filter.

If you want to avoid all refined sugars, we recommend alternatives such as Sucanat and turbinado sugar. Neither of these sweeteners are ever filtered with bone char. Additionally, beet sugar--though normally refined--never involves the use of bone char.
http://www.vegfamily.com/articles/sugar.htm

More on refined sugar:


Simple sugar ( ie: table sugar, fruit juice, milk, yogurt, honey, molasses, maple syrup and brown sugar,which majority is refined) is very very bad and supresses the immune system big time. Personally I avoid simple sugars, if I want something sweet I have a fruit so the fiber is included and the sugar spike won't be harmful. I don't keep any refined sugars around the house, and when i do use simple sugars to sweeten, I use stevia extract (non alcoholic) , raw honey, raw sugar or agave nectar. Either way all sugar is bad if not measured, u have to really watch how much u ingest this includes fruits. Skinny or fat, sugar is bad for you if taken in excess, even a small amount will supress the immune system if not ingested with a balanced meal, needless to say, its no wonder why we have so much prevalent disease. http://www.videojug.com/interview/sugar-2

As far as the milk is concerned, one doesn't have to consume cow milk for everything, if u can get ur hands on raw milk for straight consumption good, if not there's alternatives like mentioned above. Coconut, rice, almond and different nuts, oat, even hemp u can make milk out of, even a combination of all of them can produce "milk". However they do not contain the nutritional value milk does (you would have to find those vitamins and mineral in proper diet), but they are good to substitute for uses like cereal, coffee, baking etc.



-Nusaybah


very interesting stuff Nusaybah, kudos.

J-Dub wrote:
I use organic cane sugar. 2$ per pound outta the bulk section :D

Its simply raw sugar from the sugar cane, no beet, no char. just straight up sugar. yum!


Started putting cane sugar in my tea - its much better. JazakAllah.

Scimi


Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 am
Profile
Explorer
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 pm
Posts: 72
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Asalamualaikum.

forgive me but all this doesnt sound practical.
i live in a home with 9 people, add in 4 helpers and thats 13 that consumes milk daily.
there's no place nearby that sells fresh organic milk. besides that, it would be far too costly to buy as much as we drink daily.

milk gets pasturized because of health reasons, to kill them micro-organisms such as salmonella and e.coli. theres always gonna be some form of contamination during mass production. its a safety concern to pasturise. i know all the beneficial bios gets killed but the closest thing i can get to fresh organic milk is having a cow in my yard... which would be a good idea..

anyways, im still drinking ordinary milk, rather that than coke right?

jazakALLAH


Wed May 09, 2012 7:31 am
Profile
Unread post Re: Is Milk Really Healthy for us?
Yes milk is really healthy for us.Milk is very good for human bones because its provides vitamin D is very useful for bones.I drink 2 liter milk every day.Its not any kind of deadly poison it becomes deadly poison if you not buy your drink from directly from cow feeder or use the milk of any companies tag .


Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:59 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Wake Up Project Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved

phpBB SEO
Wake Up Project

Like us on FaceBook!