voodoo-modest
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Tribe of Bani Tamim 
Explorer

Unread post The Tribe of Bani Tamim
I was skimming through the major Hadith collections and I found this one hadith. It is prophesied in Sahih Bukhari that the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) said that the tribe of Bani Tamim will stand firm against the Dajjal.

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 46 :: Hadith 719

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tamim ever since I heard, three things, Allah's Apostle said about them. I heard him saying, These people (of the tribe of Bani Tamim) would stand firm against Ad-Dajjal." When the Sadaqat (gifts of charity) from that tribe came, Allah's Apostle said, "These are the Sadaqat (i.e. charitable gifts) of our folk." 'Aisha had a slave-girl from that tribe, and the Prophet said to 'Aisha, "Manumit her as she is a descendant of Ishmael (the Prophet)."

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Explorer

Unread post Re: The Tribe of Bani Tamim
I did some research about this Tribe and it is believed that their decedents are the present-day Syrians.

Anybody got more info?

Jazak Allah.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Apparently the descendents of Bani Tamim are also said to be from the region of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq as well as other countries in the middle east. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Tamim

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:40 am
Global Moderator

Assalamu alaykum.

A small note about one prominent tameemi that we are waiting for:

Quote:
“A banner will come from the east led by a man from Tameem called Shuayb, the son of Salih”. We know that Shuayb the son of Salih will be “a youth, whose beard is yellowish and thin”. “He will be dark” and “of medium stature” and He “will come from Al-Ray” (Tehran, Iran).

Please read the full text from the link in my signature.

"Read Conspiracy theories for beginners - A crash course"

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm
Supporter

Quote:
Apparently the descendents of Bani Tamim are also said to be from the region of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq as well as other countries in the middle east. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Tamim

Interesting how all but the main hub of Banu Tamim was missed out, i.e 'Najd' of Arabia.

Quote:
The Bani Tamīm are located primarily in Najd...

Many of them are from Najd in Saud, like Ibn Uthaymeen for example whose full name is "Sheikh Abu 'Abd Allah Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn Muhammad ibn al-Uthaymeen at-Tamimi an-Najdi"

another famous face who I think is of Iraqi descent is Shaykh Ali al-Tamimi, who is now imprisoned by America, May Allah hasten his release.

alot of people hate them as part of their traditions, because of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab who was from Banu Tamim, and try to claim they are dajjals allies and nonsense like this...obviously they hate this, so they miss it out and pretend he wasn't, or that he was the black sheep of the tribe.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm
Global Moderator

Aybar wrote:
alot of people hate them as part of their traditions, because of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab who was from Banu Tamim, and try to claim they are dajjals allies and nonsense like this...obviously they hate this, so they miss it out and pretend he wasn't, or that he was the black sheep of the tribe.

Really not the time to be calling Sunnah from the likes of the Sahihayn (Bukhari & Muslim) as nonsense....
Prophecies in motion..... :geek:

HADITH OF NAJD

Quote:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan." (Book #17, Hadith #147, Bukhari)

It is reported in SAHIH BUKHARI from Hazrat Abu Said Khudri (Radiallhu Anhu) who narrates that:

Quote:
Once we were in the presence and company of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Bani Tamim addressed the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) "Oh Muhammad Be Just!" ". The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "A Great pity that you have doubts, if I am unjust then who will be just, you are a loser and a failure." Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (Radiallhu Anhu) and he pleaded with the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: "Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good purpose, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow.

Allama Dahlan quotes in his book 'Addarus Sunnia' an authentic Hadith of Prophet Mohammad (Sollallahu Alaihi Wa Alihi Wasallam) which states as follows.

Quote:
"There will be a Group of people emerging from the East (Najd) who will recite Holy Quran but it will not go down their throats. They will leave the fold of Islam like an arrow leaves the bow never to return. A feature to recognize this Group is that their heads would be shaven clean or they will sit in circles)’. (Addarus Sunnia, P. 49).

PRE ISLAMIC ARABIAN TRIBES MAP:

The previous Hadith has also been narrated as follows:

Quote:
"A person with eyes protruding, with a long beard and head clean-shaven came to the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) and declared: 'O Muhammad! (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) fear Allah. "' The Prophet(Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "If I disobey Allah, then who else will obey Him? I am obedient to Allah at all times and never disobedient. Allah has sent me as Amin(Honest for the entire world, but you don't accept me as an honest man?' A Sahabi (Companion) became infuriated and sought permission to remove him from the presence of the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) prevented the Sahabi from doing so After the person had left, the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "From his progeny will rise a Group who will recite the Holy Quran but it will not go below their throats. They will leave the Deen just as an arrow leaves the bowstring. They will kill the Muslims but spar the idolaters. If I ever confronted these people I would slaughter them just as the people of Aad had been destroyed" (Mishkat Shareef, pp/535)

Hazrat Ali(Radiallhu Anhu) then narrated as follows:

Quote:
"I heard the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) as saying that as the Day of Qiyamah approaches there will appear a group of youths with a low mental capacity and understanding, apparently they will talk of good but their Imaan will not go beyond their throat and they will leave the true Deen like an arrow leaves the prey. Wherever you find them, you should make Jihaad with them. ( Bukhari)

Allama al-Sayyid Ahmad Ibn Zayni al-Dahlan (died 1304 H / 1886 AD), Mufti of Makka and Shaikh al-Islam in Hijaz, narrates an authentic Hadith in his book 'Addarus Sunniah', which he has quoted from Sihaah. Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) is reported to have said:

Quote:
‘There will rise a group of people in the East who will recite the Holy Quran, but alas, the Quran will not go beyond their throat. This group will keep rising till the Day of Judgment and they will eventually rise with Dajjal. Their main symbol will be (they will) sit in groups (Halqa).’

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 am
Explorer

Assalamu Alaikum Bro asralfarhi

I advise you to fear Allah with regards to matters of the deen and to stop pointing your finger at other groups.

I could refute each and every argument of yours with other authentic narrations but I fear I might get into sectarianism which I choose not to get involved in.

And if they (the group that your pointing the finger at) happens to be on the truth...then you have to answer for yourself and for all the others whom you have misled in the deen on the Day of Judgement.

So this is my sincere advice.

One last piece of advice - When studying a hadeeth, you should study other hadeeths pertaining to the same subject to get the clear understanding of what the messenger of Allah (s.a.w) is saying before coming to a conclusion. Or else you would just be misguided and led astray by Satan. And this is why satan is unable to conquer the students of knowledge and true ulamas of Islam because their efforts are to FIND THE TRUTH and not to adhere to any groups or sects. Satan only misleads people with desires in their hearts.

Fear Allah. We all make mistakes and Allah gives us enough chance to rectify ourselves.

Wassalam.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 pm
Explorer

I THOUGHT I SHOULD IGNORE YOUR ARGUMENTS BRO ASRAFAL BUT I HAVE TO WRITE THIS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT MY MUSLIM BROS AND SISTERS BEING MISLED

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Shaam. O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Yemen." The people said, "O Messenger of Allaah, and our Najd." I think the third time the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "There (in Najd) will occur earthquakes, trials and tribulations, and from their appears the Horn of Satan." Reported in al-Bukhaaree [Book of Trials, Chpt. ‘The afflictions will come from the East’ 9/166 no. 214 Eng. Trans]

A haadeeth which has some controversy surrounding it due to obvious sectarian reasons. A ahaadeeth which has been (deliberately) misunderstood by certain groups of people in order that they may spread their misguidance and deceive ignorant Muslims.

This because upon research and investigation and looking to the words of our early scholars we find that this ahaadeeth does not refer to the Najd that is famously known in Saudi today, but rather it refers to Iraq.

About two years ago I read a book entirely devoted to this ahaadeeth entitled, "an-Najd Qarnu ash-Shaytaan" [I cannot remember the author as I do not have the book on me anymore.] I will quote in general from what I remember from this book, and refrain from mentioning precise quotes except from those references that I have on me. Amongst the scholars that are mentioned who referred this ahaadeeth to Iraq were: al-Khattaabee, al-Kirmaanee, al-Aynee, an-Nawawee, Ibn Hajr and others. The reasons behind this are numerous and clear:

(1) The generality of the ahaadeeth pertaining to the fitnah coming from the east. Al-Bukhaaree includes this ahaadeeth in the chapter: "The affliction will appear from the East"

212) From the father of Saalim: The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, stood up besides the pulpit (and pointed towards the east) and said: "Afflictions are there! Afflictions are there! From where appears the horn of Satan" or he said, "the horn of the Sun"

213) From Ibn Umar that he said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alyahi wa sallam, saying while facing the east: "Indeed Afflictions are there, from where appears the Horn of Satan."

214) The ahaadeeth of Najd under discussion. Similar ahaadeeth can be found in Saheeh Muslim (volume 4 no’s 6938+). Ahaadeeth that give the same meaning can be found in Saheeh Muslim (volume 1 no’s 83+)

(2) That the generality of the early trials and tribulations arose from the east, many of them actually in Iraq itself.

Ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said after quoting the words of al-Khattaabee explaining the meaning of Qarn (horn), "and others have said that the People of the East were disbelievers at that time and the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, informed us that the trials and tribulations would arise from that direction and it was as he said. And the first of the trials that arose, arose from the direction of the east and they were the reason for the splitting of the Muslim ranks, and this is what Satan loves and delights in. Likewise the innovations appeared from that direction." [Fath al-Baaree 13/58 in commentary to the hadeeth of Najd]

Amongst the trials that arose in Iraaq and the east was the martyrdom of Alee, the martyrdom of the grandson of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, the first battle between the Muslims occurred in Iraq, and many more.

Imaam Nawawee mentions that one of the greatest trials to appear from the East will be the appearance of the Dajjaal. [Sharh Saheeh Muslim 2/29]

From the innovations that appeared in the east and specifically Iraq, were many of the early deviant sects amongst them the Qadariyyah (as the first ahaadeeth in Muslim shows), the Jahmiyyah and their offshoots etc…

(3) That at the time of the Prophet, sallaahu alayhis wa sallaam, there were 13 places known as Najd [according to ‘Najd Qarnu ash-Shaytaan’] depending on where one was. This because Najd linguistically means a raised/elevated land. Therefore the Arabs referred to lands that were elevated with respect to them as Najd. One of the most commonly referred to areas as Najd at that time was Iraq.

(4) The Najd for those people living in Madeenah in the direction of the East would be Iraq. Ibn Hajr said: "al-Khattaabee said: ‘the najd in the direction of the east, and for the one who is in Madeenah then his Najd would be the desert of Iraq and it’s regions [baadiya al-Iraaq wa Nawaaheehaa] for this is to the east of the People of Madeenah. The basic meaning of Najd is that which is raised/elevated from the earth in contravention to al-Gawr for that is what is lower than it. Tihaamah [the coastal plain along the south-western and southern shores of the Arabian Peninsula] is entirely al-Gawr and Mecca is in Tihaamah.’"

Ibn Hajr continues, "by this [saying of al-Khattaabee] the weakness of the saying of ad-Daawodee is understood that ‘Najd is in the direction of Iraq’ [min Naahiya al-Iraaq] for he suggests that Najd is a specific place. This is not the case, rather everything that is elevated with respect to what adjoins it is called Najd and the lower area called Gawr." [Fath al-Baaree 13/58-59]

Al-Haafidh al-Mubaarakfooree endorses these words in his commentary to Sunan at-Tirmidhee (10/314 no.4212)

(5) The ahaadeeth in Saheeh Muslim [4/1505 no.6943] Saalim bin Abdullaah bin Umar said: O people of Iraq, how strange is it that you ask about the minor sins but commit the major sins? [The killing of al-Husayn] I heard my father, Abdullaah bin Umar narrating that he heard the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, saying while pointing his hand to the east: "Indeed the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another…"

(6) The variations in wording of the ahaadeeth of Najd that leave no doubt whatsoever as to what it refers to.

(A) The haadeeth of Ibn Umar Reported by Abu Nu`aym in al-Hilya (6/133), "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Madeenah, and bestow your blessings on our Mecca, and bestow your blessings on our Shaam, and bestow your blessings on our Yemen, and bestow your blessings in our measuring (fee saa`inaa wa muddinaa)." A person said, " O Messenger of Allaah and in our Iraaq" and so he turned away from him and said, "there will occur earthquakes, trials and tribulations and there will appear the horn of Satan."

Shu`ayb al-Arna`ut declares it’s isnaad to be saheeh as in his footnotes to ‘Sharh as-Sunnah’ (14/206-207 fn. 2) and he too endorses the words of al-Khattaabee quoted above.

(B) The haadeeth of Ibn Umar reported in at-Tabaraanee in ‘al-Awsat’ that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam prayed Fajr and then faced the people and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Madeenah, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our measuring, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our Shaam and our Yemen." A person said, "And Iraq O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "from there arises the horn of Satan and the trials and tribulations would come like mounting waves."

Ibn Hajr al-Haythamee says in his ‘Mujma az-Zawaa`id’ (3/305 – chapter ‘collection of du`aas made for (Madeenah)’): ‘its narrators are trustworthy and precise.’ [This ahaadeeth could possibly considered to be the same as b) above, but I have included it separately due to the slight difference in wording. Allaah knows best.]

(C) The haadeeth of Ibn Abbaas reported by at-Tabaraanee in ‘al-Kabeer’ that the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, supplicated and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Shaam and Yemen." A person from amongst the people said, "O Prophet of Allaah and Iraq?" He said, "indeed there is the Horn of Satan, and the trials and tribulations will come like mounting waves, and indeed harshness/coarseness is in the east."

Al-Haythamee says: "it’s narrators are trustworthy and precise." (ibid.)

(3) The virtues of Bani Tameem, Bani Tameem constitute the majority of the inhabitants of the Najd that is in Saudi Arabia.

(A) The haadeeth of Saheeh Bukhaaree reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): "I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tameem, ever since I heard three things the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said about them. I heard him saying, ‘these people (of the tribe of Bani Tameem) would stand firm against the Dajjaal.’ When the Saddaqat from that tribe came, the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "these are the Saddaqat (charitable gifts) of our folk." Aa'ishah had a slave girl from that tribe, and the Prophet , sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said to Aa'ishah, ‘manumit her as she is a descendant of Ismaa`eel, alayhis salaam.’"

[haadeeth no. 2543, 4366 of al-Fath] Ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said, "this ahaadeeth also contains a clear mention of the excellence and superiority of Bani Tameem." [Fath 5/217]

(B) The haadeeth of Ikrimah from one of the Companions reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad and in it occurs, "do not say of Bani Tameem anything but good, for indeed they are the severest of people in attacking the Dajjaal."

Al-Haythamee says: "its narrators are those of the Saheeh." [Mujma 10/48 chpt: What is reported concerning Bani Tameem]

It is not strange that Bani Tameem would be the most severe against the Dajjaal, because the tools required to combat him are none but a correct and firm belief and proper beneficial knowledge. Alhumdolillaah many of the scholars of Saudi are from the most noble and skilled scholars on the face of this earth today, firmly upon the way of our noble Messenger, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

On side note, Iraq is where the sects of Sufism (worshipping the grave of Abdul qadir al Gilani) and the sects of Shia started (no offence to the sincere truth seekers among bros and sisters who are shia).

‘There will rise a group of people in the East who will recite the Holy Quran, but alas, the Quran will not go beyond their throat. This group will keep rising till the Day of Judgment and they will eventually rise with Dajjal. Their main symbol will be (they will) sit in groups (Halqa).’

Isn't it funny that all the groups in islam do sit in groups (Halqa) when acquiring Knowledge or understanding of the deen. Even the Sahabas did sit around the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w). So what is this hadeeth pointing to? It must be a sect that sit in groups which enjoins activities that are not part of any other groups of islam, innovated and not part of ORIGINAL ISLAM which the Prophet Mohamed and the sahabas practiced. i.e. Singing, dancing.
You all know the sect.

So bro. Do fear Allah when interpreting hadeeths according to your vain and desires.

Wassalam.

Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Supporter

Sorry bro, but Brother Alsralfahi knows his stuff. Let me ask, how much time have you put into studying history. This wahab character can be traced back to the tribes of Yafith.... I would advise that you put your pride aside and really absorb the information being given to you. "FIND THE TRUTH and not to adhere to any groups or sects " is what you are saying. Yet that's exactly what you are not doing "alot of people hate them as part of their traditions, because of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab who was from Banu Tamim, and try to claim they are dajjals allies and nonsense like this...obviously they hate this, so they miss it out and pretend he wasn't, or that he was the black sheep of the tribe." you are generalizing here and assuming people are turning away, thus secularilizing...

I can just about guarantee you that this Wahab character, like alot of people who infiltrated Islam, is not good news. However, until one puts ego aside, one may not be able to see this. PErsonally, I am hispanic, I can care less who is from where and who holds what flag. I did my research to find out who gog and magog were and lo and behold I come to find this huge knot of confusion and it has taken me 3 months to smooth it out.

read Sura al-Hujurat ayat 4. For starters, and please everyone, history.... learn it. There is an IMMENSE amount of biased info out there, i mean tons, it's difficult to see through it all. 999 our of 1000 people are already destined to hellfire and its that one atom's weight of arrogance that will get them there, because that tiny amount will keep one from seeing things clearly. I'll stop there as this easily turns to debate, I dont care to prove anyone right from wrong, to each his own, i just know that history is only one and it is only with very careful examination and lots of work that one can find it. If King Saud was a 33 degree mason, anything is possible ;)

Thu May 26, 2011 7:20 pm
Explorer

Nusaybah wrote:
Sorry bro, but Brother Alsralfahi knows his stuff. Let me ask, how much time have you put into studying history. This wahab character can be traced back to the tribes of Yafith.... I would advise that you put your pride aside and really absorb the information being given to you. "FIND THE TRUTH and not to adhere to any groups or sects " is what you are saying. Yet that's exactly what you are not doing "alot of people hate them as part of their traditions, because of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab who was from Banu Tamim, and try to claim they are dajjals allies and nonsense like this...obviously they hate this, so they miss it out and pretend he wasn't, or that he was the black sheep of the tribe." you are generalizing here and assuming people are turning away, thus secularilizing...

I can just about guarantee you that this Wahab character, like alot of people who infiltrated Islam, is not good news. However, until one puts ego aside, one may not be able to see this. PErsonally, I am hispanic, I can care less who is from where and who holds what flag. I did my research to find out who gog and magog were and lo and behold I come to find this huge knot of confusion and it has taken me 3 months to smooth it out.

read Sura al-Hujurat ayat 4. For starters, and please everyone, history.... learn it. There is an IMMENSE amount of biased info out there, i mean tons, it's difficult to see through it all. 999 our of 1000 people are already destined to hellfire and its that one atom's weight of arrogance that will get them there, because that tiny amount will keep one from seeing things clearly. I'll stop there as this easily turns to debate, I dont care to prove anyone right from wrong, to each his own, i just know that history is only one and it is only with very careful examination and lots of work that one can find it. If King Saud was a 33 degree mason, anything is possible ;)

Assalamu Alaikum Sister,

Its funny that I have given enough evidence from the Hadeeth and sayings of the sahabah that Horn of Satan is not from present day Najd, Saudi Arabia but from Iraq. And how do you refute me?
"Brother Alsralfahi knows his stuff"
This is what i call, Blind faith in a person, creed or sect.

You have not given me Any evidence whatsoever with regards to your arguement from either the Qur'an and the Sunnah (The only two sources that we should go back to as the Prophet Advised).

"King Saud was a 33 degree mason, anything is possible"

Prove it. Where's your proof. Bring it and lets discuss like adults instead of arguing like children. Just because he kisses BUSH, that doesn't make him 33 degree mason. I know Muslim Hypocrites do exist. But to call someone a Kafir. Seriously sister, Do fear Allah when you accuse some muslim of KUFR.

Do you know the conditions of Kufr. HAve you studied conditions of Shirk and What are the 3 forms of Tawheed.
Kissing a Kafir does not make you a Kafir. Pls go study ISLAM before studying HISTORY (History is usually written by people who hanged Heroes).

The Problem with most of you people are , you are not even students of Islamic Knowledge. Basically you research on Wikipedia, get your maps on Google Earth, Question your google Sheikh, and Khalas, there's your answer.

Is this how Imam Muslim and Imam Bukharee filtered their hadeeth and derived only the Authentic sayings of the Prophet. Learn their methodologies before accusing someone of KUFR.
These are the levels of iman in a person.
STrong Mu'min
Weak Mu'min
Strong Muslim
Weak Muslim
Muslim Hypocrite.
Apostate.
Kafir.

The last 3 are the worst and you need substantial evidence to prove that he/she has commited shirk.

Its really no point arguing with ignorant ones here because you get your knowledge from the internet, shaikhs who allow worshipping of the Graves (haha and you call them Muslims :D AMAZING), shaikhs who allow Music (made haram by Prophet himself), Christian Bible (Filled with errors).

A true person of KNOWLEDGE will never claim that he's enlightened and that he knows the future or has secret knowledge others don't. When people of knowledge are shown the signs of Allah, they humble themselves and praise Allah.

But from this forum all i've seen is boastful nature of people figuring out how the world runs and their amazing predictions and their numerology (i was a victim for sometime until i rectified myself).

Its just amazing. Allah knows the Future. What are you guys. Mere mortals. Humble yourself.

Sister, your very tone is of someone who has an inflated ego. I wouldn't have argued with Bro. Asrafal, if he kept quiet and didn't accuse any group. But he did. So I responded. And whats wrong in encouraging good and forbidding evil ?

When Bro. Asrafal accused the "Wahabis" as you call them, why didn't you accuse him of sectarianism? huh?
Why the double standards ukhti?

Sis Quote : "I would advise that you put your pride aside and really absorb the information being given to you."

I would advise you the SAME except Don't absorb the information being given to you like a Sheeple. Go study Islam from sincere and dedicated sheikhs who adhere to ONLY THE QUR"AN AND THE SUNNAH. The prophet never advised us to refer or stick to any history books, or google sheikh etc...

WOW you found out who Gog and Magog are......Simply AMAZING. Now tell me, i know personally people who were zionist jews of ashkenazi descent who converted to Islam. And they are much more practicing than we could ever be.
So GOG MAGOG have converted to ISLAM ? loooooooooool

I also believed in Sheikh Imran hossein thoery, but now I tend to doubt it. It only remains a theory just like evolution and it has no concrete evidence whatsoever. Theory could be true or false. But you can't say its a Fact without establishing it with concrete evidences.

My last advise - Learn your deen before flipping the pages of history. History won't get you to Paradise.

Wassalam.

Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 am
Explorer

One last thing I forgot.

Ask your Google Sheikh to trace the lineages of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab to one of Noah's sons (Yafith). And send it to me pls.

I need proof. I don't accept blindly people who accuse others unlike you. You call yourself enlightened and accuse others of sheeple and yet you gobble every bit of conspiracy theory there is. Its just amazing. Shaytan changed his game in this 21st century i guess. Conspiracy theory is his weapon :)

Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 am

sahih Muslim sources

Abu Ayyub reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The tribes of Ansar, Muzaina and Juhaina and Ghifar and Ashja' and those from Banu 'Abdullah, they are my friends amongst the people and Allah and His Messenger are their protectors.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Quraish, Ansar, Muzaina, Juhaina and Ghifar, they are my friends and there is no friend of theirs besides Allah and His Messenger.

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Sa'd b. Ibrahim with a slight variation of wording.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The tribes of Ashja', Ghifar and Muzaina and from the tribe of Juhaina they are better than Banu Tamim, Banu Amir and the allies of Asad and Ghatfan.

Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Aslam, Ghifar or some people from Muzaina, Juhaina (with the variation of words) are better in the eye of Allah than Asad, Ghatfan, Hawizin and Tamim. The narrator said: I think he also said:" On the Day of Resurrection."

Bakra reported from his father that al-Aqra' b. Habis reported that he came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said to him: How did the tribes of Aslam, Ghifar, Muzaina (and I think he also said Juhaina and the narrator is in doubt about it) owe allegiance to you, whereas they plundered the pilgrims? Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:" you were to say that Aslam, Ghifar, Muzaina and I think Juhaina are better than Banu Tamim, Banu 'Amir and Asad, Ghatfan, then would these people (of latter group of tribes) be in loss? He said: Yes. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, these people are better than Banu Tamim, Banu Amir, Asad and Ghatfan, and in this hadith of Abu Shaiba (these words are not found) that Muhammad (the narrator) had a doubt about.

Abu Bakra reported from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) that Aslam, Ghifar, Muzaina and Juhaina are better than Banu Tamim, Banu Amir and their allies Banu Asad and Ghatfan.

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Abu Bishr with the same chain of transmitters.

Abu Bakra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: What is your view if Juhaina, Aslam, Ghifar were better than Banu Tamim, Banu 'Abdullah b. Ghatfan and 'Amir b. Sa'sa'a' respectively (then what would be status of the latter one)? He said this in a loud voice. They said: Allah's Messenger, they would be definitely at a loss and disadvantage. Thereupon he said: They (the first group) are decidedly better than the others; and in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Abu Kuraib the words are: It you were to find that Juhaina, Muzaina and Aslam and Ghifar (are better than...).

'Adi b. Hatim reported: I came to Umar b. Khattab and he said to me: The first consignment of Sadaqa brought to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which brightened the face of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and the faces of his Companions was that of Tayyi.

Huraira reported: Since I heard three things from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) my love for Banu Tamim is never on the decline (and these things are): I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying about them that they would put up stout resistance against Dajjal amongst my Umma. And he (the narrator) said: (When) the consignment of Zakat was brought to him, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: This is the charity of our people, and there was one slave-girl in the house of 'A'isha and she was from the tribe of Banu Tamim; thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Set her free, for she is from the offspring of Isma'il. The other hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Huraira with a slight variation of wording.

Abu Huraira reported: There are some distinguishing features of Banu Tamim which I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and my love for them is never on the decline after that and the words are: They are the bravest amongst people in the battlefield and there is no mention of (the word)" Dajjal".

Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am
Explorer

Assalamu Alaikum,

As bro billz rightly points out with the saheeh muslim hadeeth that there are some tribes that are more favoured in the sight of Allah than others. Even among the messengers/prophets of Allah, we all know some are favoured more than others. But that doesn't make the other messengers/prophets disbelievers/hypocrites etc.. Asthaghfirullah. Each tribe has special qualities in them. And Bani tamim are known to be strong against dajjal and his allies as prophet has mentioned EXPLICITLY. What more do you want?

The other tribes might have been favoured due to many Islamic scholars coming from among them, being charitable to the needy etc...

But i only objected earlier to bro. asrafal's argument as he was taking two/three hadiths and isolating the rest of them in order to form his own biased opinion on a particular group of people without understanding their characteristics etc.. This is not how a sincere student of knowledge should form his/her views to find the truth.

Wassalam

Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 am
Explorer

@Truth_seeker

You don't even see what you have done do you? You decided to refute bro asralfarhi and in your quest you have done what you accused him of. Let me break it down for you.

Quote:
But i only objected earlier to bro. asrafal's argument as he was taking two/three hadiths and isolating the rest of them in order to form his own biased opinion on a particular group of people without understanding their characteristics etc.. This is not how a sincere student of knowledge should form his/her views to find the truth.

Then you went and got the hadiths which show the opposite side of the coin and in your desire to prove your side you decided to give a biased opinion of how all these hadiths point to Iraq and you decided to bash the people of Iraq.

Quote:
I could refute each and every argument of yours with other authentic narrations but I fear I might get into sectarianism which I choose not to get involved in.

You said you don't want to get involved in sectarianism but what do you do?

Quote:
On side note, Iraq is where the sects of Sufism (worshipping the grave of Abdul qadir al Gilani) and the sects of Shia started (no offence to the sincere truth seekers among bros and sisters who are shia).

So where is the consistency bro? Maybe you should apply your own advice to yourself first

Quote:
And if they (the group that your pointing the finger at) happens to be on the truth...then you have to answer for yourself and for all the others whom you have misled in the deen on the Day of Judgement.

So this is my sincere advice.

And regarding your response to Sister Nusaybah, that was a bit rich from you, don't you think?

Quote:
The Problem with most of you people are , you are not even students of Islamic Knowledge. Basically you research on Wikipedia, get your maps on Google Earth, Question your google Sheikh, and Khalas, there's your answer.

Bro don't you realise that anyone on this forum or anyone who uses the Internet can be accused of this including yourself. Where is your evidence that the sister does this? So don't you think you shouldn't accuse without evidence as that is the Sunnah of our Prophet (SAW) which you told her to follow.

One last request:

Please explain to me what grave worshipping is in your eyes.

(btw if we were keeping score it would probably be 1-1 between you and bro asralfarhi as you both have authentic hadiths)

Jazakallah

Sayyiduna Hamdun al-Qassar (RA), one of the great early Muslims, said,

If a fellow Muslim makes a mistake, then make 70 excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the problem lies within yourselves.

Narrated by Imam Bayhaqi in his Shu`ab al-Iman

Fri May 27, 2011 2:18 pm
Supporter

Truth_seeker wrote:
Nusaybah wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum Sister,

Its funny that I have given enough evidence from the Hadeeth and sayings of the sahabah that Horn of Satan is not from present day Najd, Saudi Arabia but from Iraq. And how do you refute me?
"Brother Alsralfahi knows his stuff"
This is what i call, Blind faith in a person, creed or sect.

You have not given me Any evidence whatsoever with regards to your arguement from either the Qur'an and the Sunnah (The only two sources that we should go back to as the Prophet Advised).

"King Saud was a 33 degree mason, anything is possible"

Prove it. Where's your proof. Bring it and lets discuss like adults instead of arguing like children. Just because he kisses BUSH, that doesn't make him 33 degree mason. I know Muslim Hypocrites do exist. But to call someone a Kafir. Seriously sister, Do fear Allah when you accuse some muslim of KUFR.

Do you know the conditions of Kufr. HAve you studied conditions of Shirk and What are the 3 forms of Tawheed.
Kissing a Kafir does not make you a Kafir. Pls go study ISLAM before studying HISTORY (History is usually written by people who hanged Heroes).

Is this how Imam Muslim and Imam Bukharee filtered their hadeeth and derived only the Authentic sayings of the Prophet. Learn their methodologies before accusing someone of KUFR.
These are the levels of iman in a person.
STrong Mu'min
Weak Mu'min
Strong Muslim
Weak Muslim
Muslim Hypocrite.
Apostate.
Kafir.

The last 3 are the worst and you need substantial evidence to prove that he/she has commited shirk.

Its really no point arguing with ignorant ones here because you get your knowledge from the internet, shaikhs who allow worshipping of the Graves (haha and you call them Muslims :D AMAZING), shaikhs who allow Music (made haram by Prophet himself), Christian Bible (Filled with errors).

A true person of KNOWLEDGE will never claim that he's enlightened and that he knows the future or has secret knowledge others don't. When people of knowledge are shown the signs of Allah, they humble themselves and praise Allah.

But from this forum all i've seen is boastful nature of people figuring out how the world runs and their amazing predictions and their numerology (i was a victim for sometime until i rectified myself).

Its just amazing. Allah knows the Future. What are you guys. Mere mortals. Humble yourself.

Sister, your very tone is of someone who has an inflated ego. I wouldn't have argued with Bro. Asrafal, if he kept quiet and didn't accuse any group. But he did. So I responded. And whats wrong in encouraging good and forbidding evil ?

When Bro. Asrafal accused the "Wahabis" as you call them, why didn't you accuse him of sectarianism? huh?
Why the double standards ukhti?

Sis Quote : "I would advise that you put your pride aside and really absorb the information being given to you."

I would advise you the SAME except Don't absorb the information being given to you like a Sheeple. Go study Islam from sincere and dedicated sheikhs who adhere to ONLY THE QUR"AN AND THE SUNNAH. The prophet never advised us to refer or stick to any history books, or google sheikh etc...

WOW you found out who Gog and Magog are......Simply AMAZING. Now tell me, i know personally people who were zionist jews of ashkenazi descent who converted to Islam. And they are much more practicing than we could ever be.
So GOG MAGOG have converted to ISLAM ? loooooooooool

I also believed in Sheikh Imran hossein thoery, but now I tend to doubt it. It only remains a theory just like evolution and it has no concrete evidence whatsoever. Theory could be true or false. But you can't say its a Fact without establishing it with concrete evidences.

My last advise - Learn your deen before flipping the pages of history. History won't get you to Paradise.

Wassalam.

I think your response speaks for itself and shows a reflection very clearly. I don't just go to sheikh google, I actually study Islam, I'm working on a BS of Islamic Studies.... I now a good amount of Sciences of Hadith and the like.... so that's a very cocky statement you made. Knowing History is part of knowing our deen actually. Shayk Hosein's "theory" was the last thing for me, I had come to that conclusion on my own from deep reflection.... I actually just ran into his work the last 2 weeks, so uhm...yeah. Anyway, i don't care ;) It's obvious you didn't quite read what I stated so I rest my case. Assume makes an ass our of u & me ;) I advise that you stop advising....

Quote:
so uncalled for, I hope you were not pointing me out or implying that I said that, I will assume that you meant that as a general statement.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:55 pm
Explorer

Sorry but I just noticed something.
Quote:
Have you studied conditions of Shirk and What are the 3 forms of Tawheed

What?!!!!!!!!!

3 forms of Tawheed.

Bear with me. I may not know arabic and my maths may not be the best but let me try to figure this out.

So, Tawheed as a word is derived from Waahid if I am correct. Now we know that Waahid = 1.

But what you are saying is 3=1?

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on man. This isn't Christianity with the trinity you know. Astagfirullah.

SubhanAllah, there is a whole Surah in the Qur'an where Allah addresses this when He says in the first Ayah, with the translation being:
Quote:
Say: He (Allah) is ONE

I don't care whose teachings these are but I for one don't want to be associated with this type of thinking.

In my eyes this is SHIRK.

Sayyiduna Hamdun al-Qassar (RA), one of the great early Muslims, said,

If a fellow Muslim makes a mistake, then make 70 excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the problem lies within yourselves.

Narrated by Imam Bayhaqi in his Shu`ab al-Iman

Fri May 27, 2011 3:09 pm
Global Moderator

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan." (Book #17, Hadith #147, Bukhari)

How can Iraq be Najd when the Iraq at the time of the Prophet sollallahu alaihi wa alihi wasallam was part of the Sassanid Persian Empire?!
That person asking blessings was definitely not a Persian but an Arab....as you will see not just any Arab tribe;

It's beyond doubt where Najd is during that time:
We can begin by asking what does Najd mean linguistically.

Najd
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Najd or Nejd (Arabic: نجد Naǧd‎), literally Highland, is the central region of the Arabian Peninsula.

The Arabic word nejd literally means "upland" and was once applied to a variety of regions within the Arabian Peninsula. However, the most famous of these was the central region of the Peninsula roughly bounded on the west by the mountains of the Hejaz and Yemen and to the east by the historical region of Bahrain and the north by Mesopotamia and Syria.

Medieval Muslim geographers spent a great amount of time debating the exact boundaries between Hejaz and Nejd in particular, but generally set the western boundaries of Nejd to be wherever the western mountain ranges and lava beds began to slope eastwards, and set the eastern boundaries of Nejd at the narrow strip of red sand dunes known as the Ad-Dahna Desert, some 100 km (62 mi) east of modern-day Riyadh. The southern border of Nejd has always been set at the large sea of sand dunes known today as Rub' al Khali (the Empty Quarter), while the southwestern boundaries are marked by the valleys of Wadi Ranyah, Wadi Bisha, and Wadi Tathlith.

Topography
Nejd, as its name suggests, is a plateau ranging from 762 to 1,525 m (2,500 to 5,003 ft) in height and sloping downwards from west to east. The eastern sections (historically better known as Al-Yamama) are marked by oasis settlements with lots of farming and trading activities, while the rest has traditionally been sparsely occupied by nomadic Bedouins.

Major towns
Riyadh is the largest city in Nejd, as well as the largest city in the country as a whole, with a population of more than 4,700,000 in 2009. Other cities include Buraidah (505,845 in 2005), Unaizah (138,351 in 2005) and Ar Rass (116,164 in 2005)[1]. Smaller towns and villages include Sudair, Al-Kharj, Dawadmi, Al-Zilfi, Al Majma'ah, Shaqraa, Tharmada'a, Dhurma, Al-Gway'iyyah, Al-Hareeq, Hotat Bani Tamim, Layla, As Sulayyil, and Wadi ad-Dawasir, the southernmost settlement in Nejd.

Ethnic and Social Groups
The most famous Nejdi tribes in the pre-Islamic era were Banu Hanifa, who occupied the area around modern-day Riyadh, `Anizzah, Banu Tamim, who occupied areas further north, the tribe of Banu Abs who were centered in Al-Qassim,

=================================================================

ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS;

There is reason why 'nomadic Bedouins' was highlighted; the Prophet prophesied that the nearness of the Hour is when you see "barefooted / almost naked shepherds competing in the building of high rise towers"

This came about when the Archangel Jibraeel made an unceremonious presence (the only time making an appearance in front of all the Sahabah - signifying URGENCY of the MATTER) asking the Prophet some weird questions and relayed two signs before the Hour - the other being "The slave women giving birth to her mistress"

Read this informative article from Shaykh Imran Hosein:
http://www.imranhosein.org/articles/isl ... islam.html

SPEAKING OF HIGH RISE TOWERS

It doesn't get any more surreal than this:
['the icing on the cake' right at the footstep of the Baitullah - Makkah

The common theme being; all the leaders of these Arab nations were once nomad bedoiuns.....
[last time I checked the Quran; tall lofty structures don't seem to last that long throughout HISTORY....]

Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm
Explorer

Assalamu Alaikum.

Bro. Sufi student. Here's your answer.

The types of Tawheed are three: Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah, Tawheed al-Ilaahiyyah and Tawheed al-Asmaa was-Sifaat.
Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah is singling out Allaah the Exalted with (the actions of) creation, providing sustenance, giving life, causing death, and all of the types of regulation and administration of the dominion of the heavens and earth, and (also) singling Him out, the Exalted, with (the right to) judgement and legislation and sending of the Messengers and revealing of Books. Allaah the Exalted said, "Verily, to Him belongs the creation and the comman, blessed be Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (al-A`raaf 7:54).

Tawheed al-Uloohiyyah is singling out Allaah with worship so that none besides Him is worshipped, so that none besides Him is called upon, so that no one is sought for rescue, or aid except Him. So that no one is sacrificed to or slaughtered for, or made an oath for, except Him. Allaah the Exalted said, "Say: My prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds. He has no partner. This is what I have been commanded with and I am the first of those who submit (to him with Islaam and Tawheed)" (al-An'aam 6:162), and He said, "Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only)" (al-Kawthar 108:2).

And Tawheed al-Asmaa was-Sifaat is describing Allaah the Most High and naming Him with whatever He described and named Himself with, and with whatever His Messenger (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) described and named Him with in the authentic narrations - and to affirm that for Allaah without resemblance (to the creation) or likening (to the creation), and without (false) interpretation (of any of that) or negation (of any of that). There is nothing like Him and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.

Prophet said to the Muslims, “If you have nothing good to say remain quiet.”

Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm
Supporter

Fri May 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Explorer

asralfarhi wrote:

How can Iraq be Najd when the Iraq at the time of the Prophet sollallahu alaihi wa alihi wasallam was part of the Sassanid Persian Empire?!
That person asking blessings was definitely not a Persian but an Arab....

It's beyond doubt where Najd is during that time:
We can begin by asking what does Najd mean linguistically.

Najd
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Najd or Nejd (Arabic: نجد Naǧd‎), literally Highland, is the central region of the Arabian Peninsula.

The Arabic word nejd literally means "upland" and was once applied to a variety of regions within the Arabian Peninsula. However, the most famous of these was the central region of the Peninsula roughly bounded on the west by the mountains of the Hejaz and Yemen and to the east by the historical region of Bahrain and the north by Mesopotamia and Syria.

Medieval Muslim geographers spent a great amount of time debating the exact boundaries between Hejaz and Nejd in particular, but generally set the western boundaries of Nejd to be wherever the western mountain ranges and lava beds began to slope eastwards, and set the eastern boundaries of Nejd at the narrow strip of red sand dunes known as the Ad-Dahna Desert, some 100 km (62 mi) east of modern-day Riyadh. The southern border of Nejd has always been set at the large sea of sand dunes known today as Rub' al Khali (the Empty Quarter), while the southwestern boundaries are marked by the valleys of Wadi Ranyah, Wadi Bisha, and Wadi Tathlith.

Topography
Nejd, as its name suggests, is a plateau ranging from 762 to 1,525 m (2,500 to 5,003 ft) in height and sloping downwards from west to east. The eastern sections (historically better known as Al-Yamama) are marked by oasis settlements with lots of farming and trading activities, while the rest has traditionally been sparsely occupied by nomadic Bedouins.

Major towns
Riyadh is the largest city in Nejd, as well as the largest city in the country as a whole, with a population of more than 4,700,000 in 2009. Other cities include Buraidah (505,845 in 2005), Unaizah (138,351 in 2005) and Ar Rass (116,164 in 2005)[1]. Smaller towns and villages include Sudair, Al-Kharj, Dawadmi, Al-Zilfi, Al Majma'ah, Shaqraa, Tharmada'a, Dhurma, Al-Gway'iyyah, Al-Hareeq, Hotat Bani Tamim, Layla, As Sulayyil, and Wadi ad-Dawasir, the southernmost settlement in Nejd.

Ethnic and Social Groups
The most famous Nejdi tribes in the pre-Islamic era were Banu Hanifa, who occupied the area around modern-day Riyadh, `Anizzah, Banu Tamim, who occupied areas further north, the tribe of Banu Abs who were centered in Al-Qassim,

=================================================================

ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS;

There is reason why 'nomadic Bedouins' was highlighted; the Prophet prophesied that the nearness of the Hour is when you see "barefooted / almost naked shepherds competing in the building of high rise towers"

This came about when the Archangel Jibraeel made an unceremonious presence (the only time making an appearance in front of all the Sahabah - signifying URGENCY of the MATTER) asking the Prophet some weird questions and relayed two signs before the Hour - the other being "The slave women giving birth to her mistress"

Read this informative article from Shaykh Imran Hosein:
http://www.imranhosein.org/articles/isl ... islam.html

SPEAKING OF HIGH RISE TOWERS

It doesn't get any more surreal than this:
['the icing on the cake' right at the footstep of the Baitullah - Makkah

The common theme being; all the leaders of these Arab nations were once nomad bedoiuns.....
[last time I checked the Quran; tall lofty structures don't seem to last that long throughout HISTORY....]

Assalamu Alaikum Bro asrafal,

I really expected more from you, Atleast a scholarly refutation using hadeeth but all you provided was explanation of the word "Najd" using WIKIPEDIA and some pics of buildings (I could show you some pics of Malaysia and iran too, if i am really trying to joke around here). And if you want to base your arguments on the structure of buildings, then I think aboriginal way of life is the only one suitable. Why don't you shift to Africa to practice Islam?

Just explain these hadeeths for me.

Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of Iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: "You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial" (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words: "I heard".

Saheeh Muslim (Hadith no: 6943)

Shu`ayb al-Arna`ut declares it’s isnaad to be saheeh as in his footnotes to ‘Sharh as-Sunnah’ (14/206-207 fn. 2) and he too endorses the words of al-Khattaabee quoted above.

(B) The haadeeth of Ibn Umar reported in at-Tabaraanee in ‘al-Awsat’ that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam prayed Fajr and then faced the people and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Madeenah, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our measuring, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our Shaam and our Yemen." A person said, "And Iraq O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "from there arises the horn of Satan and the trials and tribulations would come like mounting waves."

Ibn Hajr al-Haythamee says in his ‘Mujma az-Zawaa`id’ (3/305 – chapter ‘collection of du`aas made for (Madeenah)’): ‘its narrators are trustworthy and precise.’ [This ahaadeeth could possibly considered to be the same as b) above, but I have included it separately due to the slight difference in wording. Allaah knows best.]

(C) The haadeeth of Ibn Abbaas reported by at-Tabaraanee in ‘al-Kabeer’ that the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, supplicated and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Shaam and Yemen." A person from amongst the people said, "O Prophet of Allaah and Iraq?" He said, "indeed there is the Horn of Satan, and the trials and tribulations will come like mounting waves, and indeed harshness/coarseness is in the east."

I rest my case.

Walaikum Salam

Fri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next